• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show July 5th

20 posts in this topic

I was trying to figure out which dealer was you near the big standing fan. Seems like you had some SA comics on consignment from your buddy in Richmond, BC.

I spent $$ at Steacy's table. He had some scarce fanzines/prozines and foreign Spawn #2's (Japan, Netherlands, etc).

That was the best 1 hour comicon I have ever been to. Guess I left before hearing any new Cgc rumors.

Was stalking JohnnyG as he usually has a good nose for hi-grade deals. He dug 1/2 way thru his artist buddy's books for sale then left to chit-chat with greggy. I swooped in to buy a pair of sealed Gerber GA books which I promptly resold to Johnny about 10 minutes later at near wholesale price of $35 for both. :devil:

That was the best 1 hour comicon I have ever been to. Guess I left before hearing any new Cgc rumors.

Was stalking JohnnyG as he usually has a good nose for hi-grade deals. He dug 1/2 way thru his artist buddy's books for sale then left to chit-chat with greggy. I swooped in to buy a pair of sealed Gerber GA books which I promptly resold to Johnny about 10 minutes later at near wholesale price of $35 for both. :devil:

I should've dug the other half! Would have saved $17 :baiting:

lol No worries, I am happy with my price paid. Especially seeing as how another guy wanted $160 for the set of 4. I figure $35 is more than fair, thanks! Everyone has to make a buck :)

Did you hear the news of ECCC? Stan the freakin man Lee is going to be there... will you?"?:?

~G :hi:

dear johnny,

Yes, I plan to be at Emerald Con with my $35 signature donation for Stan Lee's charity retirement fund.

Figured $35 for the pair of GA Gerber Photojournals was still a good-buddy :foryou: price for you as they have sold for more here on the Forum just last week. 1 pair of HEAVY books shipped from NY/NJ area to Vancouver, BC, Canada even.

I should've dug the other half! Would have saved $17 :baiting:

lol No worries, I am happy with my price paid. Especially seeing as how another guy wanted $160 for the set of 4. I figure $35 is more than fair, thanks! Everyone has to make a buck :)

Did you hear the news of ECCC? Stan the freakin man Lee is going to be there... will you?"?:?

~G :hi:

lol I asked you-know-who about the Gerbers as well. I just finally got a set of the Goldens for a sweet deal on here and was curious what his price was.

I got there at noon and saw Greggy and Johnny riding off into the sunset but I didn't see you Alan. I find that show is a little too small and the dealers have already bought and sold some of the good stuff 3 times over by the time it starts.

I sold there a couple times and tried to do my buying before the masses showed up. It was only affordable for me to get a table because I usually took 6 long boxes of a friends stuff to sell and made him pay for the table. He had a falling out with the organizer lol

I actually spoke to you once Johnny when you commented on one of my friends overpriced Captain Marvels lol

Chad. I actually didn't even look through his stuff. I had a terrible hangover from drinking and playing cards late the night before. Had a short discussion with him about robojo33 the ebay scammer. He mentioned how robo overgrades lol I told him what I learned about robo on here. He seemed quite surprised. Funny that not many people know what a crook he is.

Next time I talk to Chad I'm going to have to ask who he got his restored ASM from. He told me he bought it raw on ebay I believe and it came back TRIMMED from CGC (tsk) It is a lower number if I recall, perhaps the first Lizard app. Would be interesting if it was bought from robo.

Yes, the Victoria collector/dealer with the 1/2 price off back issues in long boxes. Sorry, no 1/2 price on raw :o Hulk 181, ASM 122, 129, Marvel Spotlight 5.

Is this the guy who had the SS#4 at $530? Was a nice book, but overpriced IMHO! There were a few sweet books that didn't get the 50% off... too bad!