• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is New Mutants #98 the next Hulk #181?

259 posts in this topic

The popularity of Deadpool is on the rise. But I'm not sure it will be sustained. If in 20 years Deadpool has his own ongoing solo monthly series, is an ongoing featured character in two more team monthly titles, has a guest appearance in at least three other books each month, is the featured in a miniseries and has the next Hugh Jackman portraying him in movies, then Deadpool's popularity and the interest in his first appearance could begin to rival Hulk 181.

If your looking for semi-valuable books post 1980 and up, I wouldn`t look to much into Marvel and DC, the majority will be found in the other companies. Marvel and DC really haven`t created many new characters from 2000 and up. Deadpool,Gambit and Cable were probally the last major characters created by the big two almost 20 years ago.You will have to really cherry pick to find a diamond post 1980 and up.Believe me I have put hours into studying post 1980 and up comics over the last 2 years.

2) New Mutants 86 - 1st Cable cameo

That's not a cameo, it's an advertisement for the next issue, similar to Sabretooth in IF 14.

If we start including those, then get ready for this to take off. :insane:

82988.jpg.7face22948075db1668518448bb88ed3.jpg

If your looking for semi-valuable books post 1980 and up, I wouldn`t look to much into Marvel and DC, the majority will be found in the other companies. Marvel and DC really haven`t created many new characters from 2000 and up. Deadpool,Gambit and Cable were probally the last major characters created by the big two almost 20 years ago.You will have to really cherry pick to find a diamond post 1980 and up.Believe me I have put hours into studying post 1980 and up comics over the last 2 years.

No love for Venom? Harley Quinn? Carnage? Preacher? Sandman (Neil Gaiman)? (shrug)

No love for Venom? Harley Quinn? Carnage? Preacher? Sandman (Neil Gaiman)? (shrug)

Untill the SANDMAN ''MOVIE'' makes as much as SPIDER-MAN at the box office, I don't see it happening. :sorry:

That's not a cameo, it's an advertisement for the next issue, similar to Sabretooth in IF 14.

what book(s) is/are that from?

Golden Age books already do that - the book with the full page ad for Action 1 commands a premium - so I could easily see the "first" appearance of Wolverine in a house ad jumping.

Golden Age books already do that - the book with the full page ad for Action 1 commands a premium - so I could easily see the "first" appearance of Wolverine in a house ad jumping.

hmhmhm

I really think you'd need CGC to formally acknowledge it on the label.

hmhmhm

I really think you'd need CGC to formally acknowledge it on the label.

Detective 16 and More Fun 31 have the Action 1 notation on the label, so the precedent is there.

Sorry for the lousy picture, only one I could find.

16-1.jpg

One other point to make... does NM 98 have something as dumb as a "Marvel Value Stamp" that countless people cut out of the book immediately lowering the value of the comic well over 50%?

census shows 320 copies in 9.8
Half way there to meeting Wolverines LS #1 9.8 total! (I have not checked tha latest census so I may be wrong)

Wolverine LS #1 is up to 885 issues graded 9.8!