• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Look @ this MORON! $4,500,000? Action #1 FAKE!

20 posts in this topic

Here's my favorite line:

"First editons are always the most valuable because they are the very first appearrances of any character in comics,unless the characters first appearrance was in another comic series."

Take note, Marvel Boys: X-Men and Spiderman will be worth 10x as much because they will have 2 movies.

I had no idea there was a formula for this stuff. So is one movie worth 5x, 2 worth 10x... would 3 be worth 15x or 20x (is it an addition or multiplication scale?). I need to know because there were 5 Superman movies and I have a lot of Superman comics. They could be worth millions apiece and they're not even xeroxes!!!

-- Joanna

LMAO, I just posted a question to his auction and the great thing about yahoo is that everyone can see it. AHAHAHAHA

Nevermind, yahoo removed my question frown.gif

It said:

"Why are you a stupid liar? FAKE FAKE FAKE! Obviously printed out from Xerox machine! FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!' HAHAHAH

Yoww - good thing I saw this thread! I had picked up a pen and got my check book to write out that check for 4 and a half million. I t says that he will take a check. The part I like best is that he lets you know he is a good Christian right up front - "God bless you." Would a guy like that have anything but the best intentions? So you figure the Action 1 and Detective are worth maybe $10 - so that means those 90 other books from the 80s and 90s are valued at $4,499,990. I wonder if you get free shipping?

Well that's probably what - $3 million right there! I used to have boxes of that series. I bet I had 50 #1s at one point. So since #1s are so valuable. I bet those alone would go for several million - maybe only on that Yahoo site though. Is Yahoo money different than ebay or real money? Maybe it is like Japanese yen where about 1 million yen equals about $10.

re: det 27 & action 1, aren't those famous first editions with the cover just ripped off?

The Detective #27 is definitely not the Famous First Edition. The FFE only has one smoke stack on the right side of the cover.

Now of course, that doesn't mean this is an original - just not a FFE.

doesn't anyone here live close to Memphis, so they can check these out in person?

lol! If I had known you guys never saw this auction before, I would have posted it here a while ago.

This guy has been listing this same auction for at least a year. This is at least the third re-list in Yahoo alone. He started on Ebay under the name "xtci" and the original opening bid was - are you ready? - $8 million! (He even got a bid once for that price, but that person only bid so xtci would have to pay the Final Value Fees). So, $4.5 million is really a good deal! smirk.gif This guy was even mentioned by Mark Evanier in the column he wrote for CBG.

And the "god bless" stuff? It's all a crock. I received an email reply from him peppered with obscenities. He's a nasty bastich!

And rickdogg, the question you asked on Yahoo will only appear if the seller responds to it. You can see it, but that's only because you asked it.

XTC sent me some emails a few years ago after I bid in a Superman 1 auction - restored fn copy( not his, I imagine he got my email address from that although I was no wheres near the high bid ) . It was the same collection as this one mentioned above - but he didnt have the Action 1 & Detective 27 color xeroxed issues. At that time he was calling some Superman 1 the original - worth 3 millon dollars alone & pictured a beat up 1980s Superman 1 LTD comic . He was also calling a reprint XMen 1 - Amazing Adventure or something? - the original Xmen 1 & valueing that at 3 million dollars . Lots of god bless yous and religious commentery . He said I could have the entire 15 million dollar collection for half price . I figured - what the heck - if he went through the trouble - why not .

I came off cool but receptive at first & told him Id think about the deal . Then I got a friend involved - who was going to act as my agent . Then the plan was that the friend -while working out the details of a possible deal on my behalf since i was such a busy rich guy jetting around the world buying and selling oil wells - became interested in the deal himself and plotted to cut me out ! Funny - as my friend became more interested - XTC became less interested in me . I finally bared my soul to XTC and confided that I knew that my frend might be trying to deal me out and upped his asking price by my offering 8 and 1/2 million dollars ! Now - after 2 weeks & 50 emails - my friend and I were in a make believe bidding war over the books & laughing our behinds off with every email we exchanged with him . In an act of mock desperation I offered 15 million dollars right now ! & he actully gave me his bank info for a wire transfer !! grin.gif . Neither my friend or I answered any of his emails for the next 5 days & he was becoming frantic - I pray to god you are both ok ! - I told him that I had to fly to Afghanistan or something because the Talaban were menacing my oilwells & that Id transfer the money as soon as I returned . The next I emailed him - I told him that since my friend and I love each other like brothers - that we decided to not let this incredble collection tear us apart and since we both couldnt have it - even though it killed us to do it , we would have to both pass . grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif He wrote emails for the next 2 weeks begging that we split the collection and quoting from the bible passages about brotherly love . We ignored him until he stopped . laugh.gif .

Now that's friggin' funny, Hammer! smile.gif

Here's an email from him, after I asked about why he was NARU'd on Ebay (and saying he deserved it):

"Congrates (sic) on your gloating skills but there is only one little problem, I've alreally (sic) sold the comics dumdass the only reason it says the registration is suspened because I ended the auction and removed myself from ebay so I wouldn't have to pay them a dime.But a f--king insufficiently_thoughtful_person like you wouldn't understand a move like that (of course, I totally do and did), your (sic) still broke & I own my record label and my own computer theater enhancement company and my set has sold for $9,100,100.00 man life is great.Well not for you,you f--king loser. If you would like to speak to the guy that bought the comics,after we finish doing business I'll give you his email.(I asked several times afterwards, but he never responded) And guess what I'm gonna sell another set too. I know my comics aren't worth 9,000,000 but if you don't remember anything else remember this,if you have something people want no matter what the cost,there is always someone that will pay just that to get it. Don't worry junior one day your ship will come in & you'll be able to stomp with the big dogs, but until then stay in the kiddie pool BECAUSE OUT HERE WITH THE BIG FISH WE'LL MAKE A DISH OUT OF YOU,YOU F--KING GUPPY!!!

SIGNED, YOUR DADDY

Hey, he forgot to say "God bless you" to me! smirk.gif