• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

French book shop

5 posts in this topic

Just back from a lovely holiday in Normandy, France (the big country under England).

Thought I'd share a picture of my missus and son in a French bookshop. Can any of you recognise any of the TPBs in the background?

My son was most pleased to find French versions of the Mr Men series - including my favourite, Monsieur Non.

The French love their graphic albums...

July09Carteret3080.jpg

Co-incidentally, there was also a fantastic exhibition of Hugo Pratt's (Corto Maltese) art and work in a Cherbourg museum. Here's my boy again in front of a huge piece of OA !

July09Carteret3086.jpg

Great looking family to be proud of!!!

Interesting about that shop in France.

Can you elaborate more??

Curious CAL who wants to travel to UK/France someday

Thought I'd share a picture of my missus and son in a French bookshop. Can any of you recognise any of the TPBs in the background?

July09Carteret3080.jpg

Sure, we do.

My fave in the pic is the Rahan at bottom left. The series is essentially the French equivalent of Kubert's Tor and it's a shame that it's virtually unknown abroad.

Glad to see you had a good time on your trip (thumbs u