• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ragged Edge?

8 posts in this topic

I recently got this ASM 300 from ebay listed as 9.2 - 9.4. It might be a 9.2, but what bothers me is the right edge is a bit ragged... like it was cut with a dull blade. I don't think it was trimmed... it's just a bindery issue.

I'm debating if I should ask for a refund or just let it go. I was planning on submitting to CGC. Thoughts?

asm300.jpg

It's the newsstand edition isn't it? I had a couple of those. People were saying not to downgrade for it, but I really didn't like the effect. It's a real shame too cause I had some perfect copies w/ literally the only flaw being the rough edges frown.gif

Brian

It's the newsstand edition isn't it? I had a couple of those. People were saying not to downgrade for it, but I really didn't like the effect. It's a real shame too cause I had some perfect copies w/ literally the only flaw being the rough edges frown.gif

Brian

It has the Spidey head, so I'm presuming that it is the direct version.

I've had such a hard time with this book.... this is the 3rd "NM" that I've bought with less than satisfactory results. I finally get a decent spine and the edge is messed up 893frustrated.gif

Wow. Never seen a direct edition version with that defect. If it doesn't bother you just keep it. If it does, sell at the grade you think it is. I didn't downgrade for the edge because I didn't believe it was a downgradable flaw.

Brian

Actually, I found the listing........seller was Marshall Try-Your-Lucky's Comics.

The scan is small, and is conveniently cropped so the edge is cut off. Absolutely no mention of the ragged edge, but "a couple very minor nicks on the spine" is noted. I consider the description to be misleading due to the omission of anything about the ragged edge, production flaw or not.

I think you would be WELL within your rights to ask for a refund, especially considering the price you paid.

I chose not to post a link to the auction, I figured that should be left to your discretion Zip! thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I found the listing........seller was Marshall Try-Your-Lucky's Comics.

The scan is small, and is conveniently cropped so the edge is cut off. Absolutely no mention of the ragged edge, but "a couple very minor nicks on the spine" is noted. I consider the description to be misleading due to the omission of anything about the ragged edge, production flaw or not.

Yup.... that's the one. It's more a 8.5 - 9.0 than a 9.2 - 9.4. I'm still debating if I want to return it, or just keep it and sell it off in a year as VF+.... I might get my money back.

Something about this book hides spine & edge flaws very well... so even big scans can be deceiving.

With the time and effort I've spent trying to get a raw NM of this book, I should have just bought a CGC in the first place. tonofbricks.gif