• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Keys, Please. ALL SOLD - THREAD CLOSED

67 posts in this topic

Knew that was coming...HOT book! Congrats to both!

Yeah, I think I had it priced right too. That always helps. I can't stand seeing these 3.0's on FeeBay for $650-$750!

Ok, break until tonight.

No bites? Gimme some feedback guys. Am I pricing too aggressively, or is everyone still at work?
Some are aggressive, some are not. I just buy certain keys, in certain grades. But if you have a bunch of slabbed Tecs, things could change :whistle:

I agree with Pat. Some are pretty aggressive for raw. For instance the FF 12 at 600 is a little aggressive in my opinion, a slabbed 5.5 goes for about 570 give or take, so 600 for a raw that MAY come back as a 5.0 is a bit of a stretch. Same sort of thing with the Sgt Fury. A little high for a raw book. The avengers 1 was a good buy as that book is THE hot book right now, along with the Avengers 4. Don't usually comment on pricing, but you asked. :foryou: With that all said, these are ALL key books and all present fairly well. Just my 2c

No bites? Gimme some feedback guys. Am I pricing too aggressively, or is everyone still at work?
Some are aggressive, some are not. I just buy certain keys, in certain grades. But if you have a bunch of slabbed Tecs, things could change :whistle:

I agree with Pat. Some are pretty aggressive for raw. For instance the FF 12 at 600 is a little aggressive in my opinion, a slabbed 5.5 goes for about 570 give or take, so 600 for a raw that MAY come back as a 5.0 is a bit of a stretch. Same sort of thing with the Sgt Fury. A little high for a raw book. The avengers 1 was a good buy as that book is THE hot book right now, along with the Avengers 4. Don't usually comment on pricing, but you asked. :foryou: With that all said, these are ALL key books and all present fairly well. Just my 2c

Completely agree. Buyers have to factor in the cost of shipping\grading as well as the grade risk factor when purchasing raw books. Can't price a raw book the same as a graded one.

Great books though Matt!! Got an AV #4? ;)

:hi: Matt,

A little aggressive but if someone wants that book and will pay the price! :headbang:

Good luck with the thread! :wishluck:

BTW I have bought from Matt in the past without any problems! :banana:

my 2c

Ok, next up is the last of three books I sent to Matt for Resto check. Thankfully, they all came up unrestored. Once again, let me state that there was NO pressing done to these books.

This is Avengers #2. Nice looking book except for the two creases on the LRC. They do break color. Pages are OW to W! Matt put this one at a 5.5 and I think at least 5.0. (By the way, anyone ever notice the error on Pg. 8?)

OSPG has this one at around $200 in 5.5. I will go :news: SOLD

Avengers2.jpg

Avenger6BC-1.jpg

Ok, next up is the last of three books I sent to Matt for Resto check. Thankfully, they all came up unrestored. Once again, let me state that there was NO pressing done to these books.

This is Avengers #2. Nice looking book except for the two creases on the LRC. They do break color. Pages are OW to W! Matt put this one at a 5.5 and I think at least 5.0. (By the way, anyone ever notice the error on Pg. 8?)

OSPG has this one at around $200 in 5.5. I will go $100 just to move it.

Avengers2.jpg

Avenger6BC-1.jpg

:takeit:

Tales of Suspense #53. Origin the Watcher and 2nd Black Widow.

Book is decent, corners are blunted and there is a 6 or a 9 stamped right above IM's feet. Pages are OW. I'd say 4.0/4.5

OSPG is $46 in 4.0, my price is $28

TOS53.jpg

TOS53BC.jpg

Ok, these Avengers are doing really well here, so up next is Avengers #5. This is a very nice looking book with OW pages. I got this one from Graham Cracker Comics as a 6.5, but with the spine stresses I will err on the side of caution and call it a 5.0/5.5.

OSPG for a 5.0 is $98, I'll sell mine for $70$65

Avengers5.jpg

Avengers5BC.jpg

ok, last one until tonight....the son is waking up from his nap.

TOS #63, 1st Silver Age origin Cap

Another book purchased as a 6.0, but IMO fails to hit that grade. This one is probably about a 5.0, OW pages.

Guide is $60 in 5.0, $52 in 4.0, how about $45 :news:SOLD via PM

TOS63-1.jpg

:takeit: per PM

thanks

(thumbs u

Avengers2.jpg

Avenger6BC-1.jpg

:censored:

Steal of the day if not the week! (thumbs u

Avengers2.jpg

Avenger6BC-1.jpg

:censored:

Steal of the day if not the week! (thumbs u

wow ..!!!

:popcorn: