• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Keys, Please. ALL SOLD - THREAD CLOSED

67 posts in this topic

Refocusing my collecting here, so I thought I'd offer a few Keys and some nice non-keys here on the board before I try my luck at FeeBay.

Shipping will be $10 for a slab, $6 for raw w/ insurance on me. All books go Priority Mail.

Prefer PayPal or Money Order

1st :takeit: gets the book, but I will entertain PM offers.

Ok, let's start out with the big one.

Avengers #1; CGC 3.0 OW Pages. Sent it in to Matt for Resto check 1st, he thought it might bring a 4.0; CGC thought differently. Really nice book with a tight spine and good colors. As is the fashion these days, I will state that this book has NOT been pressed. Just went to Matt for the resto check; I wasn't going to send it on to CGC if it came back restored.

How about a "before the movie hits" price of only :news: SOLD per PM

AV1-30.jpg

AV1-30BC.jpg

Next up, All Star Western #10, 1st Jonah Hex. Really nice tight book for a 52pager, but there is a very small spine split right at the top of the book, goes down for perhaps 1/2 inch. Bottom left corner is dinged up a bit and there is a light crease that goes across the right swinging door in the pic; breaks color a little in places. Pages are OW. I was going to keep this one until the movie came out but, oh well. Got it as a FN, but I think it's just a bit lower than that, let's say a 5.0/5.5

Let's go $80 $65 $60 :news:SOLD on this one. Hopefully it will appreciate rapidly for someone.

ASW10.jpg

ASW10NewBC.jpg

Ok, this next one I really don't want to part with, but it will help me realize my new collecting goals.

Fantastic Four #12. Hulk vs. The FF. Ties w/ Spiderman #1 for 1st Marvel Crossover. This one really shot up in value from the 2008 to 2009 OSPG. Sent in to Matt for Resto check and nothing else! (not pressed). Matt gave it a 5.5 unrestored.

This book has an incredibly nice cover w/ great gloss and fantastic colors. There is a small amount of foxing on the inside of both front and back covers, but no marvel chipping on the right edge! There is a very slight staple tear (correct term?) on the top staple; comes off the first page a few millimeters on either side of the staple. Very minor but I want to be super clear on this book. Cream to OW Pages.

2009 Guide is around $680 for 5.5, let's go $600 even. $545$530

FF12FrontCover.jpg

FF12BC.jpg

Ok, this one is a minor key;

Sgt. Fury #13 - 2nd solo Captain America x-over

This book is very nice, no chipping and great gloss and color to the cover. ULC blunted a little, but the rest of the cover is really nice. Pages are OW.

I'd put it at a 6.5/7.0 Another book that will hopefully take off with the Avenger's Movie.

Guide is $187 in 7.0, let's do $110 , $95 $90 :news:SOLD on this one.

SgtFury13.jpg

SgtFury13BC.jpg

No bites? Gimme some feedback guys. Am I pricing too aggressively, or is everyone still at work?
Some are aggressive, some are not. I just buy certain keys, in certain grades. But if you have a bunch of slabbed Tecs, things could change :whistle:

No bites? Gimme some feedback guys. Am I pricing too aggressively, or is everyone still at work?
Some are aggressive, some are not. I just buy certain keys, in certain grades. But if you have a bunch of slabbed Tecs, things could change :whistle:

Yeah, I wish. If I had any slabbed Tecs I'd sell ONE and be able to get a lot of the books I'm refocusing on!

Yeah, I wish. If I had any slabbed Tecs I'd sell ONE and be able to get a lot of the books I'm refocusing on!

I buy my Tec slabs for $15.00 - $500.00. And a few I plan to spend about $4K

ok, last one until tonight....the son is waking up from his nap.

TOS #63, 1st Silver Age origin Cap

Another book purchased as a 6.0, but IMO fails to hit that grade. This one is probably about a 5.0, OW pages.

Guide is $60 in 5.0, $52 in 4.0, how about $45 :news:SOLD via PM

TOS63-1.jpg

Nice grouping of books! I'm going to be broke after my contractor shows up Sat. AM, otherwise, I'd at least try and lowball you on something :devil:

Sell me the Tec Forrest! :mad:

Yeah, sell him the TEC and then you can send me some lowball offers! :grin:

Ok, let's start out with the big one.

Avengers #1; CGC 3.0 OW Pages. Sent it in to Matt for Resto check 1st, he thought it might bring a 4.0; CGC thought differently. Really nice book with a tight spine and good colors. As is the fashion these days, I will state that this book has NOT been pressed. Just went to Matt for the resto check; I wasn't going to send it on to CGC if it came back restored.

How about a "before the movie hits" price of only $550!

AV1-30.jpg

AV1-30BC.jpg

:takeit: per PM