• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book buddies trip to Boston with a few pictures.

209 posts in this topic

Chrome had carpooled over with Pontoon. It was a wild ride as his wiper blade broke off as they were whizzing down the MassPike in the torrential rain storm. I think he should really consider naming his car "Christine" as there is some definite evil going on with that car. It ate GACollectibles on Wednesday night. :eek:

Deciding on where to go for dinner on Tuesday night.

IMG00035.jpg

You must have been fighting the ladies off with a big stick :insane:

The trip to Ted's coming up after lunch.

You guys hiring? I could use a lunch break like that....

I had to get copy paper, four bales of straw and four new tires. :makepoint:

Sounds like you are feeding a herd of goats...

(BTW - Im disappointed I missed the dinner earlier this week - I had other stuff going on.)

After hearing about the potency of Greek sperm ( :sick: ) on the way back from dinner on Tuesday night and Arex throwing his back out,

IMG00036.jpg

GACollectibles was a pleasant sight come Wednesday afternoon. His arrival signaled that the trip up to Superworld was right around the corner.

I don't know what it is about GAC, but he never seems to photograph well. hm

IMG00048.jpg

Both of these pics show a little more of nik's comic cave.

With GAC, Arex, nik, Pontoon, Chrome and myself all in nik's car, we finally made it to Ted's. Ted's was great. There were books stashed everywhere, even a few pages of art and some other cool odds and ends.

Nik box diving.

IMG00049.jpg

Pontoon on the hunt.

IMG00051.jpg

Ted and Chrome having an in depth discussion about...

IMG00054.jpg

...where Chrome got his gay rockin' green puma sneeaker for only $5. Imagine that, only $5. What a steal. :screwy:

IMG00061.jpg

Who knew Ted was ripped under that t-shirt? Of course that was ten years ago.

IMG00064.jpg

A few of Ted's books.

IMG00057.jpg

He also had some really nice O/A pages. The Avengers page is my favorite.

IMG00060.jpg

IMG00062.jpg

I can't forget the most important member of the Superworld team, Rex, the Wonder Dog.

IMG00055.jpg

I want to also say a big thank you Ted for meeting us and letting us go through his stock. It was a fun time.

IMG00066.jpg

On the way back, we picked up silverandbronze aka toon tumbler Paul and headed downtown for dinner. I think GAC snapped a picture of all of us at dinner. Perhaps he will give it a post.

I would give anything if I had taken a picture of Arex's dinner. lol

Tried a new thing as far as I was concerned: Sushi - not impressed. meh

It would have been great if it was for a 100 lb female lol

I barely could finish mine.

On the way up to Ted's, Nik's wife called to tell us that it was hailing and it looked like snow in July.

This was still left after about three hours. Man, there was some crazy weather.

IMG00069.jpg

On Thursday, nik had to head back to work, so it was GAC's lot to entertain us and take back to the airport. Arex wanted to see Fenway Park and not being a sports fan, I couldn't give a rip.

So, with Chrome in tow, we headed out to Fenway. My attitude changed when I met our tour guide, Jaime. I now have a new appreciation for the sport. :luhv:

IMG00070.jpg

It really was the darndest thing to walk out of my house and see Arex, Doc, and Chromium in my driveway. Nik, Richard, and GA are not really a surprise, but the other three--that was pretty funny.

Dinner was great. A good time, especially since for once I wasn't tired from a long day at a show. (thumbs u

A few shots of the ball park.

IMG00071.jpg

IMG00072.jpg

Afterward, we went down to town again and did a little sightseeing. We went to Boston Harbor and walked up by the North Church.

IMG00073.jpg

IMG00074.jpg

I just wanted to reiterate what a great time we had and wanted to thank nik and GAC for taking the time to make the trip a great success. I owe you both, big time. You guys are the best. Hey Chrome, I can't wait to get back together again. Oh, and welcome to the Hive. :busy:

;)