• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How rare is Alan Moore's run of Swamp Thing in ultra high grade???

51 posts in this topic

#24, in CGC 9.8, you say....?

hm

I'm so giddy about my latest sub. :)

Have you gotten it back? Or do you just think you're getting a 9.8 on it?

If you do get 9.8, we'd like to see it. :wishluck:

#24, in CGC 9.8, you say....?

hm

I'm so giddy about my latest sub. :)

Have you gotten it back? Or do you just think you're getting a 9.8 on it?

If you do get 9.8, we'd like to see it. :wishluck:

Oh, yeah. I gots me a 9.8.

:cloud9:

It's not back yet, but I got the shipping manifest on monday late, so it's in the mail as we speak.

Woohoo!

Here's a couple for your viewing pleasure.....
#33 one of my top ten favorite covers.

What do they now have on the label for #25 since this is the 1st cameo appearance of Constantine?

CGC wouldn't list this for some reason, even when Alan Moore admitted in an interview a few years back one of the characters at the party was John Constantine.

What interview was that? The only one I've seen where Moore mentions that, he says Bissette wanted to draw Sting and slipped him in there, so he created a character who looked like Sting.

The best part is that when JC finally appeared in Swamp Thing 37, Bissette wasn't even the artist on that issue.

What interview was that? The only one I've seen where Moore mentions that, he says Bissette wanted to draw Sting and slipped him in there, so he created a character who looked like Sting.

The best part is that when JC finally appeared in Swamp Thing 37, Bissette wasn't even the artist on that issue.

That's the one!

And the cameo is midway through the book when Abby is at a party, the panel being this one.

82642.jpg.ecd5d7eec4a6cb28c2aac81e8c383086.jpg

i had a #27 (demon cross-over) in 9.8 and after trying to sell it at various pricepoints, I eventually got $35 for it.

so, if you're laying out $15 (?) a slab, I guess that works out, but maybe the later Moore books aren't going to fetch that much.

Maybe, but to a completest they would want every issue in the best possible grade I would think.

I'd add that I paid $9.99 (plus shipping) for it like a year earlier from Colossus Comics (are they still around?), which was sort of the king of the modern slabs then, so it's not like I fenagled a great auction result from some unknown seller in an auction nobody saw. I'd start them at $24.99 at least and not mess around with hoping for a bidding war. Admittedly, this was a few years ago. OTOH, I'm not really sure that the market for those books is really much different now. Maybe 21, 34 and 37 have gone up, I dunno.