• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will become of your collection?

81 posts in this topic

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifI always enjoy HCA. Every book I ever bought from them I made at least 3x my money, and to stand out among contemporaries like Jay Parrino's The Mint and All Star Auctions is something to be weighed very heavily in any event. acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Back to the question - barring any previous post to this effect, I would hope that my estate was donated to www.comics4kids.org because it returns them to zero, you know? Sure an Action Comics # 1 would be represented well in the secondary market, but what about Rom or New Mutants? Is my dear wife going to have the burden of trying to squeeze 20% out of mid grade books ?

No. I think a lot of kids would love to read our comics, and knowing that they came from collectors could give them an edge, don't you think? My own children already are talking about who to give their comics too. It's pretty cool.

And a hint of advice to anyone with a "souvenir" photo collection - to really weed it out or dispose of it entirely so that your heirs don't see pictures/videos of you and yours (and hers and his) with your valuable belongings hanging out all over the place. I have no idea why I would say that.

(segueway to: CUTE BABY PHOTO FROM DARTH:)

(but I will settle for more angel.gifLisa cloud9.gif from sex*in*the*city or whatever the other ebay name/site of thiers you have posted here....DID ANYBODY BUY HER CD??? popcorn.gif