• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just don't get some dealers....

358 posts in this topic

As would I. :cloud9:

Yeah, but you also thought that Janice chick (Ex-Supermodel) on "I'm a Celebrity: Get Me outta Here!" was hot. :sick:

Janice Dickinson? Oh good God! :sick::sick:

Yeah, I know. Skag-Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but you also thought that Janice chick (Ex-Supermodel) on "I'm a Celebrity: Get Me outta Here!" was hot. :sick:

She's got more plastic in her than what they have at Tupperware parties. :P

He should've settled with $130.00.

That's what I thought, as for what it sold that is a Wholesale rate.

Shame, as it was my 1st childhood comic next to Kamandi 1 which is why it was a book I wanted.

There will be others. Oh well!

;) TRUST me Bosco, I've been in this hobby sinse 95 And I can assure there WILL indeed be others! (thumbs u (How do you think I got that sweet CGC 9.8 JUDGE DREDD#1? ;) timing is everything)

IIRC, I said I'd hit or something. She was hot at one time. Why do you have to bring things like that back up dude? lollol

IIRC, I said I'd hit or something. She was hot at one time. Why do you have to bring things like that back up dude? lollol

Because you said "I'd hit it." lol

Oh my gawd! :roflmao:

:mad:

Maybe

Maybe

Nobody made you say it. :slapfight:

:foryou::baiting:

Maybe

Nobody made you say it. :slapfight:

:foryou::baiting:

:)

Here's a picture of her for you (all that work & it still didn't help). :P

Oh, Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggllllleeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82441.jpg.69f072ae5fc3eefa83c59c75cb8aa8f7.jpg

I need to check on a CGC slab that may have been sitting for 2 years now. I have a raw copy that is about the same condition as a CGC copy and we are about 10.00 off. I will reply if it is still there

One of the first dealers I worked for when i started working in comic books (started for store credit bagging and boarding) Had this syndrome called the "It's the only one I have so it must be rare" He overgraded these books and sold them for guide + if he could sell them at all. Books sat on his shelves forever. If I was working alone when I worked up to register and minding the store (for store credit) I would sell $100's of dollars more books because I would be reasonable. I had customers buying lots because i would be sensible about the prices. having books is nice but when the books aren't selling and your store is doing $25 a day..you need to change something.

I had a customer come in once wanting to look at back issues. I helped him find everything he was looking for and negotiated a discount off the top knowing the owners markup and that for the day we had less than $50 in. He spent $1200 and asked if I had some rarer stuff he was looking for. I told him definitely doable. i went to the backroom hoard and dug out what he wanted and he spent another grand. The owner came in as I was negotiating another sale for two Overstreets issues #2& 7 we had gotten down to almost an agreed price. The owner looked at the guy and said "I only deal with serious customers you want a discount go to the thrift store" He never bothered to consult me or to find out the guy had already spent over 2 grand. He was a total jerk to the guy. The customer looked at me and was like "How can you work for this guy?" And walked out. The owner said to me "You waste too much time chatting to those cheap bas$$ds who don't want to spend money go alphabetize or bag and board at least that is useful. If they don't want to spend my price they can leave." I was livid, I told him I was taking my store cred for the day and booking out of there. He called me at home and said "What the $$$ how in the heck did you sell over 2 grand today? Why didn't you tell me you had so much business?" I told him it was the one guy the cheap one he drove out of the store. He got mad at me and complained I should've called him if there was a whale in the store. Frankly his knee jerk reaction to the guy made me WANT the customer to go somewhere else. The guy was not cheap he had very deep pockets. He just wanted a fair deal. I wasn't under cutting the price like crazy I was grading fairly and selling at about 20-30% off on non key silver and bronze.

When I got my own store I just loved to sell lots of books too have guys digging through stacks all day. I would salt the cheap bins regularly to keep them coming back to look for the elusive $25 silver book slipped in the $1 bin. it's good for business to actually have people buying.

A lot of dealers are in love with their books even the ones that aren't that great. They would rather you not buy at their book at a discount even if it never sells or they have to unload it for cheap later.

I have a signed book up now for a grand, I would take less. I wouldn't take $200 but I would definitely deal on it. I'm not attached to it. But if you wanted my hubby's George Reeves signed book..you'd really have to offer a LOT because it's his favorite we'd rather keep it..

Had a friend / store owner that was afraid to drop prices.

Specifically remember a Punisher set of 1-10 that had a

$70 sticker on it for a couple of years and he wouldn't budge.

After I asked why not, he told me that he had sold 5 or 6 sets

a few years earlier for that price and didn't want to pizzz any

of his previous buyers off... :screwy: