• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AUCTION REFORM FORUM

9 posts in this topic

Without question, there are a lot of strong feelings out there regarding the questionable practices of Heritage. However, collectors should be aware that Heritage is not alone. Other nameless auction houses are just as guilty.

In the spirit of moving forward in a very positive way, and without the mud-slinging and bitterness, this posting is meant to be a forum for creating some guidelines that the collecting community would like to see Heritage (and other similar auction houses) implement

I believe a clear and positive message sent to Heritage will go along way to creating significant positive reform. It is in the best interest of the comic book market as well as the collectibles market, to nip these issues and problems in the bud.

Let's wish ourselves good luck!

YEAH, AND SOME COMPANIES EVEN GO SO FAR AS TO DO 360 DEGREE POLICY SHIFTS!! IN FACT, I WOULD GUESS THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HERITAGE HAS DONE BASED ON THEIR FEEDBACK ON THIS FORUM, GOOD JOB GUYS!!

my suggestions -

1. heritage the company should not bid on any books. the dealer function should be maintained separate and distinct from the auction function.

2. heritage employees who are bidding should have no access to other bidders maximum bids.

3. heritage employees should place bids by absentee only, prior to the beginning of the floor auction.

4. allow phone bidding on all lots, when requested. for example, i was high internet bidder on a $1,000 item but was not offered a chance to participate in the phone auction. of course i was outbid from the floor.

It's still a worthwhile topic to discuss. Heritage isn't the first auction house to pop up and they won't be the last. The fact that the company admits its policies and that John Petty is interested in posting here to defend those policies is a great credit to their open-mindedness and desire to at least appear to be honest. Many, many people believe that worse things go on with zero disclosure at some of the other auction houses.