• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Co-sponsored SSDCC Panel Discussion: From Cave Art To Superheroes 7/25

3 posts in this topic

If you plan on attending San Diego's Comic-Con on Saturday, July 25, 2009, please consider attending an educational and entertaining discussion of the history of comics.

Co-sponsored by the Certified Guaranty Company (www.CGCcomics.com), the leading comic certification company, GPAnalysis (www.GPAnalysis.com), the world's first analysis and reporting service for online auction and dealer comic book sales, and the Network of Disclosure (www.NetworkofDisclosure.org), a group of comic book dealers and collectors, who have pledged to disclose any form of restoration or enhancement, the presentation is designed for audiences of all ages (warning: some images may be graphic).

*************************************************************************************

6:30 - 7:30 pm, From Cave Art To Superheroes: Comic Books & Social Commentary. Join Mark S. Zaid, Esq., owner of EsquireComics.com, a co-founder of the Network of Disclosure and an Advisor to the Overstreet Comic Book Price and Grading Guides, for an educational and humorous interactive visual arts presentation tracing the historical creation and development of comic books and their characters, and particularly how comics addressed social issues of the day (including such topics as war, sex, civil rights, women's liberation, politics, censorship, violence, and terrorism). Room 10.

Some of the covers included in the presentation:

DoubleTalk_FVF70.jpg

ItRhymesWithLustcopy3.jpg

Lulu33.jpg

Warvictory-1.jpg

America.jpg

Barkers.jpg

Senate.jpg

FamousFunnies1.jpg

I'm pleased to announce that ComicsPriceGuide.com is also now sponsoring my presentation.

I hope everyone attending SDCC can join me for the fun. The CGC Forum Dinner is right afterwards so it will make for a good appetizer. (thumbs u