• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rant: Shipping

45 posts in this topic

I have shipped literally thousands of comics via media mail and have had one single return. I can trace that back to a few years ago when the USPS went for about 2 weeks and was trying to close out the pervasie use of media mail for toys and things like that.

A long box of 300 comics costs $17 to ship

Short box of 150 costs about $12

A small box of 50 costs about $5.50

And anything 1-5 lbs costs $3-$5

I can't imagine trying to use Priority or Flat Rates when shipping these which get heavy fast.

Now if you really think it is against the rules to use Media Mail, so be it. I roll through stop at T intersections, too.

What's the average time of delivery on Media, in your experience?

What's the average time of delivery on Media, in your experience?

I know you're not asking me, but I get a lot of stuff shipped that way off eBay - it's about 2-3 days longer than priority.

Mike

The comics I shipped were graded today. Half of what I thought were Near Mint came back VF according to Lone Star. The lower grade books were spread between the two boxes so it was not due to shipping. I would have liked to change from pay me cash to trade for credit for the lower grade books but just went with the complete transaction button to get 'er done.

I know the trade for credit gave me $ 18.00 toward shipping. I did not see that info in the pay me cash option. So the total cash offer is $ 200.00 less the $ 40.00 shipping for 300 comics. I would have gotten 9 cents each for if I left them in the boxes I sold to my local comic shop. It took a while to go through the boxes and compare books to their want list but it was kind of fun. Books I thought they would want , they did not need. Books like Blade and Harley Quinn they needed.

I'm gonna try the trade for credit option and use media mail next month.