• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Greektown dinner

287 posts in this topic

Order the Kleftiko (traditional Greek dish) for dinner if you go or the Rack of Lamb, and don't forget the Saganaki appetizer. :headbang:

I love their dolmades :luhv: They're outstanding

Soon as I land on the 22nd, my mom will have those ready for me along with some Souvlakia :cloud9:

It's been a while since I had homemade dolmades. Be sure to take plenty of pics, Nik. You know it's been 30 years since I've been to Greece :(

They don't want you back.

Order the Kleftiko (traditional Greek dish) for dinner if you go or the Rack of Lamb, and don't forget the Saganaki appetizer. :headbang:

Soon as I land on the 22nd, my mom will have those ready for me along with some Souvlakia :cloud9:

Where in Greece will you be?

Katerini

Where in Greece will you be?

Katerini

:o I´m gonna be in Thessaloniki for some time. Exeis xronia na ertheis Ellada?

Great news. I couldn't make it on Friday but Thursday is a definite. Only wish the Boston Greek was going to be there.

I request seating more than a drink spill away from Greggie.

I had a very nice time sitting next to Greggy at the forum dinner...he's a great dinner companion, so stop that;)

Where is this place? We will be in town Wednesday, it's the only way I could use my airline points.

I have been going every other year since 2004.

I will be landing in Thessaloniki around 12 PM on Wednesday the 22nd and Katerini is about a 35 minute drive.

Great news. I couldn't make it on Friday but Thursday is a definite. Only wish the Boston Greek was going to be there.

I had a very nice time sitting next to Greggy at the forum dinner...he's a great dinner companion, so stop that;)

Where is this place? We will be in town Wednesday, it's the only way I could use my airline points.

Venus Greek-Cypriot Cuisine

820 W. Jackson

Chicago, IL 60607

Directions and such are on the web site which you can access via the link titled, Venus, Angelo provided in the original post. :shy:

He didn't spill any drinks at the forum dinner although he did complain when I brought Nik a beer. hm I suppose the lesson is:

1) Sit next to Greggy at the forum dinner not the greektown dinner and

2) Bring Greggy a beer also.

How's the lemon/rice soup?

The food is outstanding. If you click on the link the have a menu you can look at. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure they have αυγώλεμόνo soup. It sounds like heresy, I know.

No Avgolemono? WTH?

I just checked the menu, they have it (thumbs u

The food is outstanding. If you click on the link the have a menu you can look at. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure they have αυγώλεμόνo soup. It sounds like heresy, I know.

No Avgolemono? WTH?

Do they have chicken fingers for MK?

No Avgolemono? WTH?

If Octopus tentacles - chicken fingers in Greece, then yes.

No Avgolemono? WTH?

Octopus

:cloud9:

No Avgolemono? WTH?

(thumbs u

No Avgolemono? WTH?

They asked me if I wanted to put together a custom menu. Maybe I'll add chicken fingers to it hm

No Avgolemono? WTH?

They asked me if I wanted to put together a custom menu. Maybe I'll add chicken fingers to it hm

How about a sweet banana split?