• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Hey 22 lovers....there is a 5.5 CGC Universal on ebay RIGHT NOW !!

Looks like a gorgeous copy....let the war begin!

And it's not mine. Linky...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Showcase-22-1st-app-Green-Lantern-DC-1959-CGC-5-5_W0QQitemZ200378585447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea77e9167&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Very nice! It will be insteresting to see where this copy ends up.

BTW, is that a price sticker stain in the top right below the CCA box? If yes, how did it get 5.5?

It looks to be on the CGC case...not the book.

kimik, if you're still looking for one, this may be it.

BTW, is that a price sticker stain in the top right below the CCA box? If yes, how did it get 5.5?

It will depend on the price. I have a 5.0 already, plus a slabbed 4.0 and possibly another copy on the way. ;)

Looking at the stain a little closer it looks more like a circle with some crossed lines through it written lightly in pen/pencil.

Edited by kimik

It will depend on the price. I have a 5.0 already, plus a slabbed 4.0 and possibly another copy on the way. ;)

IMO, the HGs start at 5.5 and up (esp DCs). I say that because I see some 5.5s that are as nice (if not nicer) than some 6s. This appears to be a really nice 5.5.

Your call but there WILL be some heavy duty bidding on this gem.

Looking at the stain a little closer it looks more like a circle with some crossed lines through it written lightly in pen/pencil.

kimik, I asked the seller a question about it.....will update the Boards if/when I get a response.

Thanks. I asked about it and for larger high res scans. The only problem for me might be the fact that he does not ship internationally (I am in Canada).

Heck, have him ship it to me (or another Boardie) and we'll ship it to you...

Bottom line is anyone looking for a nice 22 will be hard pressed to find a better one for a long while WITHOUT going to a major auction house.

Not sure what it means, but doing a search on the serial number turns up an old ebay listing in France...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cgc+0770419001&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

FYI...

Parlez vous francais ?

Oui! Je parle francais!

Don't know the seller, but he has a good track record, sells books on many occasions, and has another book he listed concurrently

Appears to be ok. Matching the serial number with the book in a French auction just tells me it is the same book...

But hey, it's buyer beware when buying books on ebay...

And I guess we're the only 2 up tonight.

Apparently there is a Showcase 22-24 in this ''Mound City'' collection that will be up for auction in November... (shrug) I have no idea if this means anything to anybody, I just read it in the messages in the Collector Society

Not sure what it means, but doing a search on the serial number turns up an old ebay listing in France...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cgc+0770419001&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

FYI...

Parlez vous francais ?

Oui! Je parle francais!

Don't know the seller, but he has a good track record, sells books on many occasions, and has another book he listed concurrently

Appears to be ok. Matching the serial number with the book in a French auction just tells me it is the same book...

But hey, it's buyer beware when buying books on ebay...

And I guess we're the only 2 up tonight.

I'm still up!

There's a SC 24 4.5 on ebay right now. Stains throughout the book probably...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOWCASE-24-CGC-4-5-3rd-Green-Lantern-app-DC-1960_W0QQitemZ380144216808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item58825c6ae8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14