• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I wish...the days of spending a fraction of that are behind me now :cry:

I was just kidding. I hope to be able to snag an Action #1 and Tec #27 eventually too. (thumbs u

Right now my gulp limit is around $5K for an individual book. But, just like the old $2K threshold, once you pop it there is no turning back. lol

Edited by kimik

I ask myself that on books > $100,000 :baiting:

Show off. ;)(worship)

Books above five figures are out of most collector's range. With prices of quality vintage comics climbing steady off the past years, five figure prices will be in the past. I predict if a Showcase #22 CGC 9.2 ever surface, it will be in the 100000 the club.

no way jose.

Books above five figures are out of most collector's range. With prices of quality vintage comics climbing steady off the past years, five figure prices will be in the past. I predict if a Showcase #22 CGC 9.2 ever surface, it will be in the 100000 the club.

This is why I think the people hoarding 4.0 - 5.0 (or even 3.0, for some, I guess) copies of most bigger SA keys will do well in the next 5 - 10 years. These books will still be affordable for most collectors, while you will need a decent amount of disposable $$$ to play in the five figure market.

Show off. ;)(worship)

no way jose.

I think it would be a possibility. These are a few recent sales of Showcase 4.

Showcase #4 9.6 CGC 5/22/2009 Heritage Sale $179,250

Showcase #4 9.4 CGC ComicConnect sale, 9/29/2008 $160,200 :wishluck:

Show off. ;)(worship)

no way jose.

I think it would be a possibility. These are a few recent sales of Showcase 4.

Showcase #4 9.6 CGC 5/22/2009 Heritage Sale $179,250

Showcase #4 9.4 CGC ComicConnect sale, 9/29/2008 $160,200 :wishluck:

Looks real to me.

Green Lantern Having Production Problems?

Bad news for hoarders of SC 22 based strictly on the promise of movie hype? Good news for those of us looking to get a copy regardless?

Nah - it will be a temporary delay if any. As I stated in the Comics General thread, this is a long term trend we will see more often as the $US declines in value a bit. The flip side is that it will mean more movies will be shot in the USA which will keep jobs and $$$ there for the industry.

WRT the impact on the book, I don't think it will do much unless it is outright cancelled. Even then, SC #22 has been undervalued for so long that it will not drop much if at all. The true movie hype phase has not kicked in yet - this is just the rush to reserve a copy now.

Bad news for hoarders of SC 22 based strictly on the promise of movie hype? Good news for those of us looking to get a copy regardless?

Nah - it will be a temporary delay if any. As I stated in the Comics General thread, this is a long term trend we will see more often as the $US declines in value a bit. The flip side is that it will mean more movies will be shot in the USA which will keep jobs and $$$ there for the industry.

WRT the impact on the book, I don't think it will do much unless it is outright cancelled. Even then, SC #22 has been undervalued for so long that it will not drop much if at all. The true movie hype phase has not kicked in yet - this is just the rush to reserve a copy now.

Sounds good but you know Hollywood. Once things hit a kink, people tend to move on to the next project and revival takes a long time.

I hope not. I'm looking forward to the movie.

I think my hollywood knowledge is pretty good. I get it all from Entourage... lol

I posted this a month ago when I found it on Metropolis for $170. I guess rusty staples might go for more on Ebay? (shrug)

Hmm..looks like this pic was taken just as the book was being projected into the Phantom Zone.

Blizzard variant.

Just the reverse. Good news for anyone hoarding Showcase 22s, because the run up lasts longer as the anticipation time is what causes the run up. The movie will get made, but the problems attached to it may drag it out a bit. Perhaps one day it will get killed, but certainly most people don't believe that right now.

Book isn't cooling whatsoever right now, as demand is still at a fever pitch and based on the offers on copies I've had above 6.0, it makes it nearly impossible to turn down some of the offers i've received. But I have thus far because I believe the future on this book is still very bright.

Sounds good but you know Hollywood. Once things hit a kink, people tend to move on to the next project and revival takes a long time.

I hope not. I'm looking forward to the movie.

I think my hollywood knowledge is pretty good. I get it all from Entourage... lol

Good show. Used to be great, but still a solid half hour of entertainment.

I can't see them shelving this flick now. Relocating the shoot yes, but with all of the pre-movie buzz that is out there it will go forward. Besides Warner/DC needs to start pumping out the films to cash in before the demand for superhero films wanes. If they play their cards right they could follow the formula Marvel is with solo movies leading up to the Avengers flick and cash in on GL, Flash, Batman, Supes, and Wonder Woman solos prior to a JLA movie.

I posted this a month ago when I found it on Metropolis for $170. I guess rusty staples might go for more on Ebay? (shrug)

Hmm..looks like this pic was taken just as the book was being projected into the Phantom Zone.

Blizzard variant.

I just love this copy! Is that paint all over it? There are patterns, especially in the lower right corner.... it looks like wear and tear, except what made the patterns?

Just the reverse. Good news for anyone hoarding Showcase 22s, because the run up lasts longer as the anticipation time is what causes the run up. The movie will get made, but the problems attached to it may drag it out a bit. Perhaps one day it will get killed, but certainly most people don't believe that right now.

Book isn't cooling whatsoever right now, as demand is still at a fever pitch and based on the offers on copies I've had above 6.0, it makes it nearly impossible to turn down some of the offers i've received. But I have thus far because I believe the future on this book is still very bright.

This is just the pause that refreshes. There are so few copies out there for sale. If any copies (normally grades less than 5.0) that are priced reasonably, it would be snatch up. Take this opportunity to buy and you will be rewarded in the long term. :headbang:

This is just the pause that refreshes. There are so few copies out there for sale. If any copies (normally grades less than 5.0) that are priced reasonably, it would be snatch up. Take this opportunity to buy and you will be rewarded in the long term. :headbang:

Richard, I think that aman619 (above post) does not have a 22 nor does he want one...