• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I think this will just be the beginning of SC 22 to come out... if you think about it, a couple of months ago I was getting $1500 for 5.0's (where they previously were selling in the 750 range), and since then, 4.0's are getting 1750 +...so, that fact that there are a LOT of copies (albeit mainly lower grade) out there... many more will surface at the pace they are pricing!@

I think this will just be the beginning of SC 22 to come out... if you think about it, a couple of months ago I was getting $1500 for 5.0's (where they previously were selling in the 750 range), and since then, 4.0's are getting 1750 +...so, that fact that there are a LOT of copies (albeit mainly lower grade) out there... many more will surface at the pace they are pricing!@

Rick, I have no problem telling the Boards that your 7.5 went for $10,500. And I hope you do not either.

A well deserved fetch for a well deserved book. To me, it set a new 5 figure plateau for non-9.0 22s, and deservingly so. I love the book.

Rick, I have no problem telling the Boards that your 7.5 went for $10,500. And I hope you do not either.

lol

We at least know the 5.5 is going for 2 bills. That's the high bid with 6 days to go...

A well deserved fetch for a well deserved book. To me, it set a new 5 figure plateau for non-9.0 22s, and deservingly so. I love the book.

Well done peewee and detective27kid!. That's a record price for a 7.5. I really think a 7.5 should have been selling at least nm guide before all the movie hype. Also, SC22 is an undervalue silver age DC key for quite some time and is finally being noticed by both collectors and in investors. :)

I am so happy right now that I have 2 SC#22 in mid and higher grade :banana:

Congratulations for being a holder of two high grade copies. If all the collectors hold their high grade copies, supply will be very scarce and prices will need to rise until more supplies surface. (worship)

Hey 22 lovers....there is a 5.5 CGC Universal on ebay RIGHT NOW !!

Looks like a gorgeous copy....let the war begin!

And it's not mine. Linky...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Showcase-22-1st-app-Green-Lantern-DC-1959-CGC-5-5_W0QQitemZ200378585447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2ea77e9167&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have a SC 22 at cgc now that might be in the 5.5 range...will be watching this one closely!

But remember, if it is only CR/OW page quality then it is worth half of the price of an OW copy when you list the price for us. :devil:

Don't remind me. I was holding off on all of the 5.0s in that price range last year waiting for a FN and then happened to miss the couple of nicer copies that were auctioned. :tonofbricks:doh!doh!doh!

You gotta tell us the grades and PQ....so we'll all know how these nice puppies impact the #22 censuses.

If I recall correctly, one of them is a 5.0 that kryptospidey had for sale way back when in July.

You gotta tell us the grades and PQ....so we'll all know how these nice puppies impact the #22 censuses.

This is Palamas undercopy.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3312284&fpart=2 :hi:

Very nice copy. Guess I overlooked it in the threads...

It's just nice to see long-awaited "comic book respect" earned by the "ole double deuce!!

As I a recall, these all the top high grade holders of CGC Showcase 22:

9.0 Heritage auction

9.0 Comic Link auction

8.5 Metropolis Comics/Comic Connect

8.5 Doc Joe form thread

8.0 Rick made a private offer for $12500

8.0 Metropolis Comics private sale or Rick's offer to Private collector

8.0 Private collector I know

7.5 Peewee from thread

7.5 ? I saw this on the thread somewhere

Anybody else has additions to add on this list?

It's just nice to see long-awaited "comic book respect" earned by the "ole double deuce!!

9.0 Heritage auction

9.0 Comic Link auction

8.5 Doc Joe form thread

7.5 Peewee from thread

I darn sure would add your 6.0 with WPs to the list !

9.0 Heritage auction

9.0 Comic Link auction

8.5 Doc Joe form thread

7.5 Peewee from thread

I darn sure would add your 6.0 with WPs to the list !

New Revised List:

9.0 Heritage auction

9.0 Comic Link auction

8.5 Doc Joe from thread

7.5 Peewee from thread

7.0 SilverRich from thread

6.0 Showcase22gr1959 from thread (only white page copy)

This is Palamas undercopy.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3312284&fpart=2 :hi:

Yup, that is the one that kryptospidey was selling in a package with GL #35 in 9.6 for $1700. I passed since I had already snagged a 5.0 from Brian/foolkiller that week, but my gut instinct was screaming to buy it. Good thing I was rational and passed. doh!

Maybe I won't go after this 5.5 and actually pull a Costanza and do the opposite of what my gut is telling me... I gotta learn to just be patient for once and hopefully the market will start getting saturated with decent copies. At least I have my low grade copy to keep me satisfied for now.

9.0 Heritage auction

9.0 Comic Link auction

8.5 Doc Joe form thread

7.5 Peewee from thread

The 9.0 CL auction copy is owned by a board member.

No, not me.