• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Oh by the way PeeWee22 the Avengers #1 is a 9.4 not a 9.1 thanks for catching my goof, I was tired and typing in a moving car (my wife was driving, so it's ok).

AVENGERS 1 IN 9.4 ?? :o

I know I know. Dream about that unscuffed red and green spine tonight!!!!!

Interesting. My bid is currently the highest on the 5.5 SC #22 on eBay. It looks like the book has stalled a bit. I wonder if it will break $3K now, or if it is a bit to soon for those lofty heights?

Edited by kimik

Interesting. My bid is currently the highest on the 5.5 SC #22 on eBay. It looks like the book has stalled a bit. I wonder if it will break $3K now, or if it is a bit to soon for those lofty heights?

lots of time left in that auction...it should break $3k...

i know i havent bid in a few days...just waiting.... :hi:

I think you're in for a bargain....that is, unless I decide to push up the bidding :jokealert:

I think you're in for a bargain....that is, unless I decide to push up the bidding :jokealert:

Anybody who wins it under $3000 will be a happy camper. I think the book is worth at least that since it has off-white pages and not the cream to off-white usual suspect. meh

Anybody who wins it under $3000 will be a happy camper. I think the book is worth at least that since it has off-white pages and not the cream to off-white usual suspect. meh

We also have to remember that there are so few copies above 5.0 for sell in the market place; therefore, prices can be very volatile. :headbang:

Go ahead and pop it. My max right now is $2300. lol

I put it in as a stink bid to see what happens and am very surprised it has lasted this long, to be honest.

lots of time left in that auction...it should break $3k...

i know i havent bid in a few days...just waiting.... :hi:

I am not as certain now as I was after the first 24 hours. While it is a hot book, if you look at GPA prices (last 5.5 was $1434 in Nov 2008) and the last noted 6.0 going for $3500 (or something like that) then the market for 5.5s might not be at that level, yet. It will be there next year provided the economy does not tank again (a small pull back would be okay), but here's hoping the prices stay down until next summer so we can load up on a few more copies. (thumbs u

BTW, it was interesting to note that a friend who works at my LCS last night (he is a GL collector as well) mentioned that the movie delay/$$ troubles might hamper demand for GL books a bit right now. I wonder if this will have any impact or not. (shrug)

Edited by kimik