• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I forgot I had another copy for reading. Found it, here it is. Time to start a two copies club???

Descent reading copy. Can't just own only one copy...some members in this club have a second copy...third copy...fourth copy so far. :hi:

Some of us peon collectors only have ONE copy...

It really doesn't count if you only have one copy............ :baiting:

In case anyone is wondering about the CGC 5.5 copy on eBay, I asked the seller whether it had been pressed and here is his response:

"Not to my knowledge, I purchased it already graded and in the CGC case. I would be happy to send you whatever angle/picture you would like. Or let me know if there is something you would like me to look for in particular and I will."

I forgot I had another copy for reading. Found it, here it is. Time to start a two copies club???

Descent reading copy. Can't just own only one copy...some members in this club have a second copy...third copy...fourth copy so far. :hi:

I guess it's the definition of quantities or qualities. It's nice to have more than one copy, but attaining a high grade copy will be satisfying for most people. (thumbs u

It really doesn't count if you only have one copy............ :baiting:

But but but but ... :cry:

I guess it's the definition of quantities or qualities. It's nice to have more than one copy, but attaining a high grade copy will be satisfying for most people. (thumbs u

peewee22 has a very nice copy now, I believe. (thumbs u

Peewee is happy, at the moment, with one copy... :whistle:

Last month, peewee bought a 7.5 off-white to white pager copy from detective27kid. This is the highest page quality for any copy above 7.5. :headbang:

Last month, peewee bought a 7.5 off-white to white pager copy from detective27kid. This is the highest page quality for any copy above 7.5. :headbang:

Your WPer ain't too shabby either !!!

By the way, the Mound City copy is slabbed and on the website...pages look dark to me...but a gorgeous book...link below...

http://picasaweb.google.com/MoundCityauctions/Showcase?feat=embedwebsite#5377680399266741170

Anybody would like to make a estimation of how much the Mound City SC 22 8.0 is worth and would sell for in there November auction? My price value and auction estimate is $15000 and in the north of $20000. :)

Wow....that is high to me....Rick, (Detective27) what do you think?

Your WPer ain't too shabby either !!!

By the way, the Mound City copy is slabbed and on the website...pages look dark to me...but a gorgeous book...link below...

http://picasaweb.google.com/MoundCityauctions/Showcase?feat=embedwebsite#5377680399266741170

Amazing copy!!! Your copy is almost comparable with this copy. Any SC22 in 5.0 and above with off pages and above should deserve a premium. Who will be the next high grade SC22 above 6.0 owner? ^^

Anybody would like to make a estimation of how much the Mound City SC 22 8.0 is worth and would sell for in there November auction? My price value and auction estimate is $15000 and in the north of $20000. :)

Let's use BB 28 as a comparison. The 3rd highest graded copy (which there is five) sold in Comiclink for $21000. Also, let's use Avengers 1 as a comparison. A 8.0 (5th highest and 23 copies) sold in CL for $26000 and a 9.0 (4th highest and ten copies) for $20000 again in CL. SC22 is in very high demand and comparable to AF15 and Avengers 1. meh

Let's use BB 28 as a comparison. The 3rd highest graded copy (which there is five) sold in Comiclink for $21000. Also, let's use Avengers 1 as a comparison. A 8.0 (5th highest and 23 copies) sold in CL for $26000 and a 9.0 (4th highest and ten copies) for $20000 again in CL. SC22 is in very high demand and comparable to AF15 and Avengers 1. meh

You may be right on the bullseye Rich, with those stats to boot !

Hey, it only pushes up the value of all the Boardie #22 copies !!! :banana:

Edited by peewee22

You may be right on the bullseye Rich, with those stats to boot !

Hey, it only pushes up the value of all the Boardie #22 copies !!! :banana:

I'll reiterate...SC 22 (6.0 and above) is undervalue!!! (:

Hey, doen't that look low? I thought more like 5 million!!!

Ha ha. If my leg wasn't sore I'd be dancing.

Rob, that's from lack of food. Your wife said you don't eat...

If the GL movie is on track and if it is a sucess...this is a bargain for a 8.0. :popcorn:

Nope, it's from moving way to much furniture!! Or comics, we took them on tour to some local shops today (er, I mean nobodys seen them, these aren't the droids your looking for).

Don't worry we made them wear bibs to catch the slobber.

Now they are safely back at the bank vault, in a big old safe deposit box.

rob

with speculation of what the 8.0 is going to sell for,and the run up in prices,if the 5.5 on ebay sells for less than $3500..i would consider it a great steal..expecially with the page quality.

We all agree. Earlier, I think someone said the book may soar as high as $4k. But, I'd say $3500 max.

I think Rich (showcase1959) is :boo: at my 2 week old offer of $5k for his WP 6.0 !!

Edited by peewee22