• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

FWIW, maybe the January - March lows were the time to load up on a few extra copies?

Those were the time to back up the truck. You did just that. (thumbs u With all the activity recently, I sense prices will rise before the movie and make new price records. I have not sold any of my 5.0+ holdings...just don't have the heart to. There has been been less than ten copies entered into the census this year for a total of 298. Can you see the potential of Showcase 22 everyone.?...I do.

I did an analysis on it compared to other major Silver Age Super heroes first appearances, it has the second least graded, Showcase # 4 i believe is first. This comparison has also included Marvel first appearances.

That's right. Showcase 4 is about 30% less available than SC22, but SC22 stampedes SC4 in demand. Mid 50's to early 60's DCs are much more scarce than Marvels. On the other hand, Marvel has captured a larger audience to absorb all the supply. With the spike of Green lantern's popularity recently, he ranks among the top DC characters like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. (thumbs u

I would say there are only two top DC characters right now - GL and Batman. Wonder Woman has waned, and the big blue cheese is not as potent as he used to be.

FWIW, maybe the January - March lows were the time to load up on a few extra copies?

Those were the time to back up the truck. You did just that. (thumbs u With all the activity recently, I sense prices will rise before the movie and make new price records. I have not sold any of my 5.0+ holdings...just don't have the heart to. There has been been less than ten copies entered into the census this year for a total of 298. Can you see the potential of Showcase 22 everyone.?...I do.

True enough, but I only bought 2 copies. I should have snagged a few more. :cry:

True enough, but I only bought 2 copies. I should have snagged a few more. :cry:

That former Mound copy is a good buy now. You always strike it with comics...maybe more will come your way. (thumbs u

That former Mound copy is a good buy now. You always strike it with comics...maybe more will come your way. (thumbs u

Only if you crack it and resub it without the Mound City label. Right now there is a stigma associated with easily recognized cracked and pressed upgrade books. Must be a sign that either the number of collectors chasing books is too small to support that practice any longer AND/OR pressing awareness is up and the collecting public has voted with their $$$.

So, what is the selection of SC #22s like at the C2E2 this weekend?

Foolkiller found a decent VG/VG+

PM him if interested as I think he may sell.

yep, he found it before I could :baiting: and when I went to buy the AF15 and hulk 1 from the same guy, he had sold them too (to harley, I think)

I am always a day late and a dollar short...

yep, he found it before I could :baiting: and when I went to buy the AF15 and hulk 1 from the same guy, he had sold them too (to harley, I think)

I saw that AF 15 and the Hulk 1. Harley scored on the Hulk 1 but he passed on the AF 15 for good reason - despite the "reasonable" price, it was missing half of the back cover and was really beat up. Whichever dealer bought it repriced it way too high.

I saw that AF 15 and the Hulk 1. Harley scored on the Hulk 1 but he passed on the AF 15 for good reason - despite the "reasonable" price, it was missing half of the back cover and was really beat up. Whichever dealer bought it repriced it way too high.

cool, I don't feel so bad then (thumbs u

I'm still waiting on a 9.4 with WP.... (shrug)

:o ...I still haven't seen a 9.2 yet. (shrug)

while it won't have white pages cgc designation, I believe you will be seeing a 9.2 sooner than later hm

I'm still waiting on a 9.4 with WP.... (shrug)

:o ...I still haven't seen a 9.2 yet. (shrug)

while it won't have white pages cgc designation, I believe you will be seeing a 9.2 sooner than later hm

Do you have some inside info that you can share with the rest of us? :wishluck:

Edited by kimik

Wow is all I can say about the prices. And I thought I was gouging here locally asking for $2K for my 4.0. lol

well, the seller can ask $3k all day long and there won't even be an offer half that.