• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Showcase # 22 CGC 6.5 C/OW unrestored 1st Green Lantern on ebay :o

Roy's holding out on us. Post the picture already!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280597308865&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_1156

I don't see the image yet. (shrug) I wonder if it's the former 6.5 on ComicLink. hm

It is the same book. I've acquired the book in a trade and am waiting to get it in hand before I post the scan.

(thumbs u

Wow, this book has been traveling all over the country...world. :headbang:

Thanks! No plans to get it graded, costs too much, no plans to sell, and I hate the thought of breaking up my Mohawk set even for a few weeks. The 24 is a beauty! with even less tanning and much better page quality. Don't know why but there seems to be lesser paper quality used in just issue 22.

Tim once said on this thread that he's seen CGC 9.6s with tanning so you never know what those guys are going to throw your way.....I love the sharp corners even with the slight wear...the Gary Keller copy is missing corner bits especially top and bottom spine. Maybe I should rip bits off the corners and get rid of the wear that way and get a 9.0 :idea: And while I'm picking on that copy, it has a stamp on the back cover. :censored:

Nice book and thanks for sharing! (thumbs u

Thanks! Maybe I will one day. They sure look sweet sans CGC plastic.

I appreciated your comment about having seen CGC 9.6s with sun shadows and less than O/W pages. CGC seems to shift emphasis from time to time, even though it's only been 10 years. I've owned these for 15. I'm crossing my fingers that the next big shift will be towards alignment. lol Don't get me wrong, I wish they were white pages, too, but I've seen way worse sun shadows. The 22 looks way sweeter in person.

Thanks for the 7.5 :applause: Isn't that like a 9.0 from a non-hater? :o

I will admit there are some better and worse Mohawks out there and it sounds like you met a few of the worst. And you're right about the 'White' page aspect of collecting...they're not in the ball park. On a lighter side, you may want to write X-Files about your "early 90's" experience with Mohawks since they were first brought to market by Sothebys in 1995. :grin:

I think your copy is as good as the Keller and would come back a 9.0 but it will depend on what the folks had for lunch, I'm afraid. What they're accentuating/ focusing on at the time. Just after coffee, I'm sure his spine corners, or should I say, the lack of spine corners, would have been noticed.

PQ on my 22 is CR/OW at best, I'm afraid. But for some reason, the 23 is much better and 24 looks white by comparison to the other two. Being the proud owner, maybe I am a little jaded, but for Green Lantern, isn't that the right colour to be? :sick:

That's the nicest thing I've heard. :banana::cloud9:

The 24 would top the charts(by far) but certainly not the 22 and the 23 has a pencil eraser sized hole(3mm) in the back cover plus spine stress. I guess it's about a 7.0 maybe 8.0 if it didn't have the hole; - and I looked at it again and maybe the pages of 23 would still rank CR/OW so I don't know what that makes the 22 with lesser page quality, lt.tan/OW?

Those 22's you display are a knockout!! White page ones are rare, rare, rare :golfclap::applause:(worship)

Just curious, your scan on page 96 shows the CGC # scratched out. ? (shrug)

That's the nicest thing I've heard. :banana::cloud9:

The 24 would top the charts(by far) but certainly not the 22 and the 23 has a pencil eraser sized hole(3mm) in the back cover plus spine stress. I guess it's about a 7.0 maybe 8.0 if it didn't have the hole; - and I looked at it again and maybe the pages of 23 would still rank CR/OW so I don't know what that makes the 22 with lesser page quality, lt.tan/OW?

Those 22's you display are a knockout!! White page ones are rare, rare, rare :golfclap::applause:(worship)

Just curious, your scan on page 96 shows the CGC # scratched out. ? (shrug)

I'll fixed that later.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Showcase #24? zzz

Showcase #23? zzz:acclaim:

:roflmao:

Just what are you guys debating ???

Check this out - from a nice guy to deal with too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350418809468&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_922

Really hope it sells at that price :wishluck:

Going to look like a bargan down the road.

Showcase #24? zzz

Showcase #23? zzz:acclaim:

:roflmao:

Just what are you guys debating ???

Check this out - from a nice guy to deal with too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350418809468&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_922

Really hope it sells at that price :wishluck:

Going to look like a bargan down the road.

I agree. Nice price. hm

wow nice copy, so I haven't been following the hype as much. What do people expect this book to go for ? I imagine it has a pretty high reserve on it.