• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Nice 24

The PQ is less than ideal though.

It is an old label book, though, so there might be hope for a PQ bump. I just found out today that the old label SC #22 with Cream pages I resubbed is now a CR/OW.

In any case, I would expect prices on #23 and #24 to pull back after the movie hype dies.........

Know what you mean. I resubbed my CR/OW SC #22 and it came back an OW/W :)

Nice 24

The PQ is less than ideal though.

It is an old label book, though, so there might be hope for a PQ bump. I just found out today that the old label SC #22 with Cream pages I resubbed is now a CR/OW.

In any case, I would expect prices on #23 and #24 to pull back after the movie hype dies.........

Know what you mean. I resubbed my CR/OW SC #22 and it came back an OW/W :)

Really?, you lucky dog. :) And that's one helluv a PQ upgrade.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

just goes to show you that cgc pq designation is really (or shouldn't be) not all that relevant in the truthful scheme of things... and those that hype it should be fileted :baiting:

just goes to show you that cgc pq designation is really (or shouldn't be) not all that relevant in the truthful scheme of things... and those that hype it should be fileted :baiting:

I agree to some point. But certain books with bright rich colors normally exhibit better page quality. Just making my love for better preserved books. :)

Ditto, the PQ needs to be a numbered scale.

More money for CGC and is a great idea.

Yes, and I'd like it just to pin down the PQ to something everyone can understand. I've seen books with fragile paper that was nearly white, and tanned books with good strong flexible paper. I think of PQ when I'm handling a book, is it going to tear easily with the slightest pressure of a finger in the wrong way?

I wish CGC would make a PQ scale that put priority on the paper strength and likelihood to take rough handling without tearing, plus the color factor for appearance. Right not it seems to be that they hunt the lightest square inch inside a book, and poof, that's the PQ color. I'm exaggerating I know, but I hope you see my point. I care about the long term life of the collectibles, the highest PQ rating should indicate that a book will last longer than the lower PQ. Regards,

Yes, and I'd like it just to pin down the PQ to something everyone can understand. I've seen books with fragile paper that was nearly white, and tanned books with good strong flexible paper. I think of PQ when I'm handling a book, is it going to tear easily with the slightest pressure of a finger in the wrong way?

I wish CGC would make a PQ scale that put priority on the paper strength and likelihood to take rough handling without tearing, plus the color factor for appearance. Right not it seems to be that they hunt the lightest square inch inside a book, and poof, that's the PQ color. I'm exaggerating I know, but I hope you see my point. I care about the long term life of the collectibles, the highest PQ rating should indicate that a book will last longer than the lower PQ. Regards,

Great insight. Maybe a one to ten point PQ scale.

I would rather just have them give any book I submit OW/W or W pages and leave it at that. Much easier for them that way. lol

Edited by kimik

I would rather just have them give any book I submit OW/W or W pages and leave it at that. Much easier for them that way. lol

OW/W or W pages that's no fun. lol But again...That's all I want. :grin:

Good call. SC #23 and #24 are okay to have, but focusing on a nicer #22 instead will be a better move long term.

Good call. SC #23 and #24 are okay to have, but focusing on a nicer #22 instead will be a better move long term.

I agree, 1st appearance always sells for a premium and appreciate more for the long haul.