• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I did the economy, 40 business days. I was hoping they'd at least be "scheduled for grading" or get lucky and have them graded early but what can you do. Hopefully, the grades will be at least posted by the end of next week. Nothing huge in the submission but alot of early Iron Man and captains marvels that i have multiple copies of.

I probably should have fast tracked them but with 34 books or so, thats almost $300 extra. Also didnt do imaging like i wanted to because of the # of books.

Man! It gets freaking expensive fast! Almost 1k for the submission and if i wanted fast track and imaging, it would have been close to $1500 :eek:

Every time i submit, it always pains me thinking what nice HG SA book i could have bought for the cost of the submission (shrug)

Economy can take longer than estimated. I'd call CGC and ask what the status is. Lately their online status has been behind,

in that I've seen items go from "verified" to "shipped/safe" and then arrive the day the status changed. No joke.

Maybe they're backlogged with all the recent conventions and don't have time to update the online status screen.

I bet the delay is because of the "Savannah" collection.

That could be related as well hm

Do you think a lot of this collection is going through the Economy/Value Tier ?

Doubtful. But it could still draw resources away from other customers books.

I'd imagine that with the value of the first batches of higher grade/key books,most are going walk-thru,express,or standard tiers depending on value and age...economy/value tiers don't even apply to a large chunk of the books being subbed first.

Normally, I wouldn't really mind a delay in grading but since half of the books are multiples, I'm interested to see what they get. Hoping for fairly high grades so I can sell/trade them for books I don't already have.

With as many books that I need to fill various runs, it doesn't really male much sense to be sitting on 5 copies of books I have. That is unless you're showcase and hoarding monster copies of SC22! lol

I dunno...Ive seen the preview for this new GL movie and I get that "Daredevil" feeling.

Dont get me wrong, SC22 is a great issue and GL's origin is one of my favorites...but if the film is a flopperoo, I hope we wont be seeing any SC22 bonfires!

I did the economy, 40 business days. I was hoping they'd at least be "scheduled for grading" or get lucky and have them graded early but what can you do. Hopefully, the grades will be at least posted by the end of next week. Nothing huge in the submission but alot of early Iron Man and captains marvels that i have multiple copies of.

I probably should have fast tracked them but with 34 books or so, thats almost $300 extra. Also didnt do imaging like i wanted to because of the # of books.

Man! It gets freaking expensive fast! Almost 1k for the submission and if i wanted fast track and imaging, it would have been close to $1500 :eek:

Every time i submit, it always pains me thinking what nice HG SA book i could have bought for the cost of the submission (shrug)

That's the very reason I've only sent in two small groups to grade. I keep spending the money it takes to grade a bunch. Thanks to several good sales recently, I plan to send about 100-200 of mine to grade soon. I'll send the expensive ones to Pedigree and let them pay CGC up front to sell. The rest will not be nearly as expensive as those to grade. Regards,

I hear ya!

I've got almost 2 long boxes of books i pulled that i'd LIKE to get graded but like you, keep spending that money on books instead of grading. I'm in no rush so i figure i'll do small submissions every once in a while and in a few years will have all the books i want graded slabbed.

Woohoo!

I just got the email with the tracking info for my SC22! There was a big red notice on the Fedex window saying that storms in the Northeast may cause significant delays though :(

Hopefully, i'll have it by Monday at the latest.

Woohoo!

I just got the email with the tracking info for my SC22! There was a big red notice on the Fedex window saying that storms in the Northeast may cause significant delays though :(

...when it absolutely positively has to be there overnight !! lol

I dunno...Ive seen the preview for this new GL movie and I get that "Daredevil" feeling.

Dont get me wrong, SC22 is a great issue and GL's origin is one of my favorites...but if the film is a flopperoo, I hope we wont be seeing any SC22 bonfires!

Time will tell, but I think SC #22 has more staying power price wise for the simple fact that DC keys, except for SC #4, had/have not had their big jump in prices yet. FWIW, it was an above guide book for 6.0 and higher copies prior to the big run up a year or so ago.

I do expect it to pull back after the movie regardless of how the flick does just like most other movie related keys have done, but the days of paying sub $1500 prices for 5.0s are long gone now unfortunately. :cry:

Time will tell, but I think SC #22 has more staying power price wise for the simple fact that DC keys, except for SC #4, had/have not had their big jump in prices yet. FWIW, it was an above guide book for 6.0 and higher copies prior to the big run up a year or so ago.

I do expect it to pull back after the movie regardless of how the flick does just like most other movie related keys have done, but the days of paying sub $1500 prices for 5.0s are long gone now unfortunately. :cry:

Yeah...the days of the $1500 5.0's are over...I was too early on one of my 5.0 copy about two years ago. Selling out too early on SC22 has proven to be a mistake. doh! I agree, like any key after the movie, it normally stays down a little and be dormant for a bit. It's going to be hard to find a graded 6.0 anything under $4K now, unless someone price it at guide.

Woohoo!

...when it absolutely positively has to be there overnight !! lol

Good lord! The fedex tracking just updated and the estimated delivery date is January 4th!

Man, even with the weather, that's a long freaking time for a fedex package!

Oh, and I got charged for shipping again (tsk)

Don't spend too much time on the Registry, though. I have found in the past that it tends to get the competitive juices flowing and make me go on foolish buying sprees to move up in the listings. doh!lol

It's not so much the buying but the getting random issues slabbed just to move up the rankings and fill gaps that is foolish... Especially if you don't live in the US

Doubtful. But it could still draw resources away from other customers books.

+1

the lowest tier get pushed out to make rooms for the big spenders...at the end of the day, the higher tiers get to cut in line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, etc...

my biggest gripe with CGC really.

There is always people that will say "pay more" if you want faster but next time you are at a dentist waiting to get in at your appointed time to relieve some pains and somebody walk in with a big wallet and said "I can pay more, screw the guy in the waiting room, i want to be next"...how would you feel?

Edited by etanick