• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

No, but it should a bit........

That being said, there is a bit too much creasing due to the overhang along the top edge for my liking on an 8.0. I have seen common books dropped for that. Guess it got the key book bump?

Also, is it just me or is there a faint stain/soiling in the middle of the right side of the book?

Edited by kimik

seems like the white strip is common in 8.0's. lol I do see the light soil. I don't know if anyone caught the slight...slight rust in the staples, otherwise it could have been a 8.5 and I wonder if it got a PQ bump for being a key. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

seems like the white strip is common in 8.0's. lol I do see the light soil. I don't know if anyone caught the slight...slight rust in the staples, otherwise it could have been a 8.5 and I wonder if it got a PQ bump for being a key. (shrug)

I would have been shocked if it had been an 8.5 without the rust. That crease along the top right corner/edge is what, close to 3" long?

I would have been shocked if it had been an 8.5 without the rust. That crease along the top right corner/edge is what, close to 3" long?

I wonder if the slight hint of color breaking crease along the corner you mention was not alarming by the graders. There is also a slight and more hint crease in GL's foot . Being a pedigree and the most prestigious book in the collection, it will get a $ premium boost.

I wonder if the slight hint of color breaking crease along the corner you mention was not alarming by the graders. There is also a slight and more hint crease in GL's foot . Being a pedigree and the most prestigious book in the collection, it will get a $ premium boost.

Does anyone have a close up of the back cover to see if there is any damage on it?

The book received a grade boost for the looks of things for being a pedigree as well.

Does anyone have a close up of the back cover to see if there is any damage on it?

The book received a grade boost for the looks of things for being a pedigree as well.

If you go to Heritage. They do have large scan of the front and back of this copy.

There's more at stake then the momentary fluctuations of comic book values with comic book superheros moving from the magazine pages to the silver screen. With kids not buying comics like they used to, the medium itself is at risk of becoming obsolete. So, no matter how well they do, I'm happy to see these properties being option for films and video games. I don't know if it will save the comic medium as a whole, but maybe it will help to keep the characters in the mainstream enough to create the next generation of collectors.

So...one question. Will the bubble burst or prices re-adjust downwards if the movie tanks?

I think the bubble will burst if the book goes up another 200-300 percent were it is now. If it happens, it will come down 50% (crash). I wouldn't go against SC22 as it continues to climb. It's a scarce book compare to Amazing Fantasy 15 or Avengers 4. I sold one of my SC22 5.0 two years ago for $1100 and now is is over $3000. Obviously, a book can't go up in a straight line, but I wouldn't be surprised if prices pause, down or stay dormant after the movie is release.

There's more at stake then the momentary fluctuations of comic book values with comic book superheros moving from the magazine pages to the silver screen. With kids not buying comics like they used to, the medium itself is at risk of becoming obsolete. So, no matter how well they do, I'm happy to see these properties being option for films and video games. I don't know if it will save the comic medium as a whole, but maybe it will help to keep the characters in the mainstream enough to create the next generation of collectors.

Well said. (thumbs u Let's hope the movie does well and lead to more DC movies, cartoons and video games.

cdpaoli again. The seller did disclosed it might look slightly trimmed. How does he know that, probably bought a trimmed copy and crack it open. hm

I saw the disclosure, but didn't see it was cdpaoli. I guess this is another handle he uses?

I took it as the seller wasn't sure if it was trimmed, but if it's really "him" then it likely was.

cdpaoli again. The seller did disclosed it might look slightly trimmed. How does he know that, probably bought a trimmed copy and crack it open. hm

I saw the disclosure, but didn't see it was cdpaoli. I guess this is another handle he uses?

I took it as the seller wasn't sure if it was trimmed, but if it's really "him" then it likely was.

The concensus is that this is most likely a new Ebay Id of theirs from a satellite location,in northern cali...maybe a friend/family members unused ebay id,ect...but it smells of the said scammers...

Edited by kryptospidey

Trimming is all or nothing, there is no slightly :sumo: