• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Cool! The top part of the scan looked fabulous and then the book got weaker toward the bottom.

:juggle:

I will get better scans once it's in hand.It has some resto supposedly also,but for the price,i'm happy to have another 22 with great eye appeal...much better than the handful of 2.0 +/- Showcase 22's i have and have had lately. :grin:

Cool! The top part of the scan looked fabulous and then the book got weaker toward the bottom.

:juggle:

I will get better scans once it's in hand.It has some resto supposedly also,but for the price,i'm happy to have another 22 with great eye appeal...much better than the handful of 2.0 +/- Showcase 22's i have and have had lately. :grin:

Congrats :headbang:

I'm back in!

:banana:

sh22plod.jpg

Talk about separated at birth (: . . . I present my new acquisition, or "this is what your book would look like in a slab."

The miswrap is indeed, ahem, distracting.

SHOWCASE22C.jpg

This is my 4.5 after being re-subbed and receiving a PQ bump. I found it hard to adjust the colors to the way they appear on the book, without it getting too dark. The green of GL's costume always looks too yellow in my scans. So, keep in mind the phots here are darker than they appear in person, but the colors are truer, if anyone call follow this logic (shrug)

SHOWCASE22C45.jpg

This is my 4.5 after being re-subbed and receiving a PQ bump. I found it hard to adjust the colors to the way they appear on the book, without it getting too dark. The green of GL's costume always looks too yellow in my scans. So, keep in mind the phots here are darker than they appear in person, but the colors are truer, if anyone call follow this logic (shrug)

SHOWCASE22C45.jpg

Congrats! That is one darn nice looking 5.0. :applause:

Can pretty much guarantee my book is Trimmed looking at the edges and the art work placement....but i can live with it.

Since Bob made a comparison, it looks like it. Are you still planning to get the resto removed and have it graded?

Edited by showcase22gr1959

That one is the 4.5 :gossip: but yeah, that one's nice too.

In fact, I really, really thought it was a 5.0, but CGC disagreed.

The PQ bump was nice though.

I'm back in!

:banana:

sh22plod.jpg

Talk about separated at birth (: . . . I present my new acquisition, or "this is what your book would look like in a slab."

The miswrap is indeed, ahem, distracting.

SHOWCASE22C.jpg

This one I mean...Congrats! That is one darn nice looking 5.0.

But the 4.5 is also nice.

That one is the 4.5 :gossip: but yeah, that one's nice too.

In fact, I really, really thought it was a 5.0, but CGC disagreed.

The PQ bump was nice though.

I thought it was a ow/w...but ow still adds a 5% premium over crm/ow.

Thanks for the compliments (thumbs u

Yeah, I think I said that previously, I pulled it out to scan last night and noticed that.

Bob

Yeah, I think I said that previously, I pulled it out to scan last night and noticed that.

Bob

Regarding the 5.0. I say leave the SC22 5.0 as is and let everyone guess the potential. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Bob

Regarding the 5.0. I say leave the SC22 5.0 as is and let everyone guess the potential. (thumbs u

I think you're righ hm .

I do want to get it re-holdered.

The slab is a little worn.

Can pretty much guarantee my book is Trimmed looking at the edges and the art work placement....but i can live with it.

Since Bob made a comparison, it looks like it. Are you still planning to get the resto removed and have it graded?

Not sure..if it's Trimmed,i might just slab it as it...I need to check it out in a couple of days when i have it.

That 5.0 Old Label is SWEET ! (thumbs u

Not sure..if it's Trimmed,i might just slab it as it...I need to check it out in a couple of days when i have it.

I'm not 100% too. I know your SC22 is a little mis-cut and at the bottom of GL foot the image is missing more if you compare to Bob's copy. I really hope it's not though since with some resto removal maybe a 4.0-5.0. (shrug)

Bob

I think you're righ hm .

I do want to get it re-holdered.

The slab is a little worn.

Your 5.0 has great potential and PQ bump. I rarely see a SC22 with cream PQ. In comparison, a SC24 is well known for cream PQ due to poorer paper used. So I pick a SC22 cream for a PQ bump over a SC24 PQ bump.

I'm not 100% too. I know your SC22 is a little mis-cut and at the bottom of GL foot the image is missing more if you compare to Bob's copy. I really hope it's not though since with some resto removal maybe a 4.0-5.0. (shrug)

Top edge and right are what i think are cut.

Way too much edge missing up at the comic code corner compared to whats showing at the bottom and spine...his foot is cut off the bottom edge,which means there should be blue above the comic code box.