• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Can pretty much guarantee my book is Trimmed looking at the edges and the art work placement....but i can live with it.

Since Bob made a comparison, it looks like it. Are you still planning to get the resto removed and have it graded?

But trimming can't be removed.

:(

Way too much edge missing up at the comic code corner compared to whats showing at the bottom and spine...his foot is cut off the bottom edge,which means there should be blue above the comic code box.

Curious, why do you think it's trimmed on top and not on bottom where GL's foot is cut off?

Can pretty much guarantee my book is Trimmed looking at the edges and the art work placement....but i can live with it.

Since Bob made a comparison, it looks like it. Are you still planning to get the resto removed and have it graded?

But trimming can't be removed.

:(

Not that...the color touch. (thumbs u

Way too much edge missing up at the comic code corner compared to whats showing at the bottom and spine...his foot is cut off the bottom edge,which means there should be blue above the comic code box.

Curious, why do you think it's trimmed on top and not on bottom where GL's foot is cut off?

When showcase 22's are mis wrapped like that,the foot is always cut off,and there is blue on the top edge...

Look at the other mis wrapped one,half a foot missing,but still blue up top right corner.

Edited by kryptospidey

Thought this post from Linmoth in the 5 top SA pedigrees thread in General might be of interest to the folks in this thread.

Note the grades assigned to the Western Penn Showcase 22-24 in the ad.

Here is something you guys might appreciate. I just found this while going thru some boxes. An ad for the WPa books. Yes even the GA are from the collection except for the MH of course. I bought the GL 1 and the Showcase 43, it graded CGC 9.2. The Showcase 22-24 were already sold.

I was told that a dealer was selling some of the GA books from this collection as Mile Highs.

Best, Tom

WPAAD.jpg

Thought this post from Linmoth in the 5 top SA pedigrees thread in General might be of interest to the folks in this thread.

Here is something you guys might appreciate. I just found this while going thru some boxes. An ad for the WPa books. Yes even the GA are from the collection except for the MH of course. I bought the GL 1 and the Showcase 43, it graded CGC 9.2. The Showcase 22-24 were already sold.

I was told that a dealer was selling some of the GA books from this collection as Mile Highs.

Best, Tom

WPAAD.jpg

Ah to have had foresight and/or cash back then... I was blessed with neither

Wow. Based on the result of the Showcase #43 submission, the Showcase #22-#24 set could be 9.4+ copies. (worship)

I agree, with The GL1 and SC43 graded as a 9.2...all is possible. It would be ashamed if someone trimmed it hoping for a 9.6+. :insane:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Best, Tom

WPAAD.jpg

If these SC22-24 materialize to the public, there will be some bidding war. :banana:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Hey folks. I thought some of you might be interested in this podcast I did this week talking about my Savannah Collection.

Here's the link.

http://www.heroesonline.com/blog/2011/02/10/heroes-news-shelton-on-savannah/

Great collection and will be exciting to see the final hammer price for many of the SA DC's.

Hey folks. I thought some of you might be interested in this podcast I did this week talking about my Savannah Collection.

Here's the link.

Great collection and will be exciting to see the final hammer price for many of the SA DC's.

Been saving up for that SC23 WP :wishluck:

Here's the link.

Been saving up for that SC23 WP :wishluck:

That's a great book. I hope you snatch it. :wishluck:

Best, Tom

WPAAD.jpg

When and where did this ad appear? Who was the dealer?

???

Best, Tom

WPAAD.jpg

When and where did this ad appear? Who was the dealer?

???

Long before dinosaurs ruled.