• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Wow, I did not realize that the original buyer of the Keller copy took such a hit on it.

If the buyer could have held on to the Keller copy longer....would done better. (shrug)

how much longer? 10 years?

Might even be longer than that. They bought it at the wrong time and paid a premium for it. Based on the rumblings we have had posted here, there are other HG copies lurking out there that will top 9.0. When that happens, this book will likely drop further as it will no longer be tied for top census.

K,

You still have to look beyond the "value" of this book to see what it represents to the hobby. Overall, it will always be in high demand in all grades. There's too much BST (Blood, Sweat & Tears) associated with this book. Every oldie and newbie has a story to tell about a 22 they had or still have. We keep hearing about these 9.0+ copies but they yet to have surfaced (and they probably will). Today, there are only 3 9.0s out there and nothing higher. :makepoint:

Wow, I did not realize that the original buyer of the Keller copy took such a hit on it.

If the buyer could have held on to the Keller copy longer....would done better. (shrug)

how much longer? 10 years?

Might even be longer than that. They bought it at the wrong time and paid a premium for it. Based on the rumblings we have had posted here, there are other HG copies lurking out there that will top 9.0. When that happens, this book will likely drop further as it will no longer be tied for top census.

K,

You still have to look beyond the "value" of this book to see what it represents to the hobby. Overall, it will always be in high demand in all grades. There's too much BST (Blood, Sweat & Tears) associated with this book. Every oldie and newbie has a story to tell about a 22 they had or still have. We keep hearing about these 9.0+ copies but they yet to have surfaced (and they probably will). Today, there are only 3 9.0s out there and nothing higher. :makepoint:

It may be in high demand, but as soon as a 9.2/9.4/9.6 pops up the prices will adjust accordingly. Looking at the number of GA and SA collections that are turning up annually chances are that there are still a lot of HG copies out there. The biggest question is whether they end up slabbed or not.

I think Peewee's copy could be pressed up to a 9.2. A QUALITY press could sharpen the left top corner, which is holding it back from 9.2 status.

The old Clink copy would definitely press to a 9.2 based on the scans I have seen. (thumbs u

Great looking book!!! your willing to trade it for 2 OW/W 4.5's right? cause that works out to be a 9.0 ow/w (paging Oakman)

Somebody call?

If such a deal should ever happen, would you two be planning on "splitting" the 9.0 amongst yourselves? Who would get which half? :insane: :insane:

Great looking book!!! your willing to trade it for 2 OW/W 4.5's right? cause that works out to be a 9.0 ow/w (paging Oakman)

Somebody call?

If such a deal should ever happen, would you two be planning on "splitting" the 9.0 amongst yourselves? Who would get which half? :insane: :insane:

6 months with me,and 6 months with me. :roflmao:

Somebody call?

Ever consider joint custody? :idea:

Somebody call?

Ever consider joint custody? :idea:

Supervised visitation. (thumbs u

Finally back in the (low-grade) club.

In a somewhat backwards manner, over the summer I sold my 3.5 cr/ow and picked up this 3.0 ow... (shrug)

Selling price and cost turned out to be a wash.

sc22600.jpg