• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Am I missing something on the book...looks better than a 3.0 IMO.

A 1/4" triangle cut from the bottom left bc. :(

Although, I like that the book is centered nicely with the foot not cut off...

:luhv: From what I see, SC22s is beginning to show signs of movement again.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

From your lips to gods ears :wishluck:

I bet I'm going to regret it a year from now if I sell that dupe.

But when you see Marvels that are as common as dirt going for such crazy money, and DC keys like SC #22 still attainable in decent grades, it makes you think where it might go.

It will be interesting to see what happens. SC #22 has been building a base for a bit now and may creep up a bit again.

The one book that perplexes me is B&B #28. It moved a bit last year when everyone started to speculate on it but has pulled back a bit in sub 7.0 condition now. I figured it would have jumped more by now across the board.

Edited by kimik

But when you see Marvels that are as common as dirt going for such crazy money, and DC keys like SC #22 still attainable in decent grades, it makes you think where it might go.

lol Seriously, I see the book moving up again since I see copies moving briskly and quite decent prices. I'm already regretting selling my 5.0 :cry:.. A SC22 in 5.0 is still the point where it's a bit harder to pry loose at a decent price. :hi:

Edited by showcase22gr1959

It will be interesting to see what happens. SC #22 has been building a base for a bit now and may creep up a bit again.

The one book that perplexes me is B&B #28. It moved a bit last year when everyone started to speculate on it but has pulled back a bit in sub 7.0 condition now. I figured it would have jumped more by now across the board.

I have to believe it is due in part to DC's seeming inability to properly port these properties to movies and games (case in point the Green Lantern movie). I mean even the big to do about the JLA video game seems to have cooled down a bit. You would think though that the launch of the new 52 would spur interest and bring in some new fans. But I imagine the modern fans probably would have little interest in big-dollar SA books.

lol Seriously, I see the book moving up again since I see copies moving briskly and quite decent prices. I already regretting selling my 5.0 :cry:.. A SC22 in 5.0 is still the point where it's a bit harder to pry loose at a decent price. :hi:

true dat - I still hold the GPA record for irrational exuberance in that grade range :insane:

The last few months, the top three DC SA has seen it's low's.

They all rose with the GL movie and now have come back down to earth is the take home message, I guess. Regardless of how the movies do, SA DCs just aren't as popular as their Marvel counterparts. It is similar to pricing on GA keys - DC rules while the big Timely books lag behind.

It is interesting to see that the BA is a bit of a toss up as prices on the big DC BA books do well compared to the big Marvel BA books. Mind you, remove Neal Adams from the DC side of the equation and it is not even close to being a contest.........

The DC SA keys are more scarce than the Marvel equivalents right? I would think that eventually that factor would have to kick the prices up somewhat.

Some may be harder to find in high grade, but the simple fact is that SA Marvel is collected by probably 10x the number of people as SA DC. They should appreciate in value over time provided the underlying characters remain popular, but it will be at a slower pace than their Marvel counterparts.

The DC SA keys are more scarce than the Marvel equivalents right? I would think that eventually that factor would have to kick the prices up somewhat.

Some may be harder to find in high grade, but the simple fact is that SA Marvel is collected by probably 10x the number of people as SA DC. They should appreciate in value over time provided the underlying characters remain popular, but it will be at a slower pace than their Marvel counterparts.

or 100x

or 100x

unfortunately much more liquid than DC. :(

The last few months, the top three DC SA has seen it's low's.

They all rose with the GL movie and now have come back down to earth is the take home message, I guess. Regardless of how the movies do, SA DCs just aren't as popular as their Marvel counterparts. It is similar to pricing on GA keys - DC rules while the big Timely books lag behind.

It is interesting to see that the BA is a bit of a toss up as prices on the big DC BA books do well compared to the big Marvel BA books. Mind you, remove Neal Adams from the DC side of the equation and it is not even close to being a contest.........

Don't forget, the DC bronze age horror in 9.8's are very scarce and will command a premium. Seems like anything with a nice cover drawn by Neal Adams in the BA will fetch a premium.