• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

From my observations and research, It will be an amazing task for the 9.4 or 9.6 to sell any much higher than the previous sale. The 9.2 was sold for 62K in 2004 and still NO bite between $80-100K. Unless this copy can clear this obstacle, the 9.4+ price uptick is futile.

The 9.2 is, how shall we say, a special case. I wouldn`t use it as any kind of benchmark to extrapolate what a 9.4 or 9.6 price should be.

From my observations and research, It will be an amazing task for the 9.4 or 9.6 to sell any much higher than the previous sale. The 9.2 was sold for 62K in 2004 and still NO bite between $80-100K. Unless this copy can clear this obstacle, the 9.4+ price uptick is futile.

The 9.2 is, how shall we say, a special case. I wouldn`t use it as any kind of benchmark to extrapolate what a 9.4 or 9.6 price should be.

It shall be interesting to see the future outcome of these high grade SC4's...

I know it's the SC 22 club but there is finally a SC 23 7.5 on eBay, can't believe there are only 93 unrestored graded copies...

Will be interesting to see what it sells for,or if it hits the reserve...i have a feeling its very high...as i've chatted with the seller previously...and also with my CGC 7.0 $1800 sale in GPA recently....

1500$ was the winning bid (by a 0 feedback bidder...), surprised the reserve was lower than the price of your copy

Showcase 23 7.5 eBay

I know it's the SC 22 club but there is finally a SC 23 7.5 on eBay, can't believe there are only 93 unrestored graded copies...

Will be interesting to see what it sells for,or if it hits the reserve...i have a feeling its very high...as i've chatted with the seller previously...and also with my CGC 7.0 $1800 sale in GPA recently....

1500$ was the winning bid (by a 0 feedback bidder...), surprised the reserve was lower than the price of your copy

Showcase 23 7.5 eBay

Yea..that was a stupid move on the sellers part if you ask me...

and the 0 feedback buyer..well,we shall see if the book gets relisted or not,they did bid twice at the end to hit the reserve..so who knows.

Nice grab! Had I not just bought my 22, we might have had a nice bidding war, phew

Thanks. I've been watching for a SC23 7.5+ to show up for a while now. I had to pony up to get this puppy added to my collection. I don't think I will upgrade after this one though.

yeah 23 & 24 are my sleeper picks for the coming year, I can see a nice run-up on these books in line with GL 1, which is the sexier book but more available than the other 2

Nice grab! Had I not just bought my 22, we might have had a nice bidding war, phew

Thanks. I've been watching for a SC23 7.5+ to show up for a while now. I had to pony up to get this puppy added to my collection. I don't think I will upgrade after this one though.

When you get it, scans please !!

Congrats Rich ! :hi: (And I'm getting my St Tales Ann 2....it's en route!!)

I've been packing for an upcoming move :P and it looks missed out on all the fun. That SC #23 CGC 7.5 was a really nice snag (thumbs u I wouldn't have guessed you were the no feedback bidder that won it. Welcome to ebay hell with the rest of us lol

I've been packing for an upcoming move :P and it looks missed out on all the fun. That SC #23 CGC 7.5 was a really nice snag (thumbs u I wouldn't have guessed you were the no feedback bidder that won it. Welcome to ebay hell with the rest of us lol

I stopped bidding ,thought it was getting Shilled up by a 0 feedbacker for sure after my last bid 20 minutes before the book ended..book would have sold for MUCH more...much...didn't know "reserve" would have been set so low... doh!

yeah 23 & 24 are my sleeper picks for the coming year, I can see a nice run-up on these books in line with GL 1, which is the sexier book but more available than the other 2

I agree. SC23,SC24 is under value and especially 7.0+. And definitely cheap compare to SC8,SC13,SC14.

Thanks Brannon! Love to see your Strange Tales Annual 2. ;)

Thanks Brannon! Love to see your Strange Tales Annual 2. ;)

Go it in today (PGX 8.0). Gorgeous ! I broke it loose from bondage. Can't scan it as I had to hurry off on a biz trip.