• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Just picked this up from Joe Verenault. Won't be grading or selling this copy. Scan doesn't do any justice to the colors and gloss... this is one of the nicest of all copies I've owned from an eye appeal standpoint. In fact, it's probably the nicest.

showcase22keeper.jpg

Very nice! Reminds me of Ricks 6.5. I like your former CGC 7.0 a bit more. Great score!

Well... that was a 7.0 and a stunner. But for inks, gloss and colors, I prefer this copy. As a book in total, well, that 7.0 was very nice and the better book for sure.

Roy -- Joe and I were able to work something out to make this work... the one issue is where it would technically grade. The reality is, Joe was dead on with his assessment and I just couldn't pass on the book.

Just picked this up from Joe Verenault. Won't be grading or selling this copy. Scan doesn't do any justice to the colors and gloss... this is one of the nicest of all copies I've owned from an eye appeal standpoint. In fact, it's probably the nicest.

showcase22keeper.jpg

Very nice copy...I do like the colors. (thumbs u

This is funny...i thought "comics book" was bad..but now we have "restoredds" lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOWCASE-22-RESTOREDDS-Fine-Comics-Book-/310247749709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483c34f84d

It looks so perfect...yeah the new term "restoredds" lol

Quoting from the ad-"While the cover scan we provide gives you only a representation of what your book should look like, below we have listed a very detailed written description of our grading standards for this particular book."

Description of the book- "SHOWCASE (Series Began 1956)) Issue #22 RESTOREDDS comics in Fine condition. Published by DC Comics."

Any takers :screwy:

This is funny...i thought "comics book" was bad..but now we have "restoredds" lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOWCASE-22-RESTOREDDS-Fine-Comics-Book-/310247749709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483c34f84d

It looks so perfect...yeah the new term "restoredds" lol

Quoting from the ad-"While the cover scan we provide gives you only a representation of what your book should look like, below we have listed a very detailed written description of our grading standards for this particular book."

Description of the book- "SHOWCASE (Series Began 1956)) Issue #22 RESTOREDDS comics in Fine condition. Published by DC Comics."

Any takers :screwy:

You can search in there store " restoredds" and find these other fine restored books.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mile-High-Comics/_i.html?_nkw=RESTOREDDS&submit=Search&_sid=35454117

I know it's the SC 22 club but there is finally a SC 23 7.5 on eBay, can't believe there are only 93 unrestored graded copies...

Will be interesting to see what it sells for,or if it hits the reserve...i have a feeling its very high...as i've chatted with the seller previously...and also with my CGC 7.0 $1800 sale in GPA recently....

Edited by kryptospidey