• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I think a great eye appeal SC22 in 9.2 can fetch 100K. Time will tell if we will ever going to see one 9.2+. If I recall, the Mohawk went up for auction again in 2009 and it sold for around $28K. The only SC22 8.5 that won't fetch strong will be the MC copy which sold after the mania. The mania has picked up steam again, and it very speculative on the direction of SC22. What I found interesting is all those people paying a premium for GL 76 in 9.4+ should have put there money on SC22 in 7.0+.

Based on my recollection of the scans in the past, the Clink SC #22 9.0 would have a good shot at pressing out to a 9.2 now. (thumbs u

Ain't that the truth. 30,500 for a 9.6 76 would buy a whole lot of SC 22 that are more rare and should be just as desireable.

But SC #22 does not have Neal Adams artwork........ :devil:

I think a great eye appeal SC22 in 9.2 can fetch 100K. Time will tell if we will ever going to see one 9.2+. If I recall, the Mohawk went up for auction again in 2009 and it sold for around $28K. The only SC22 8.5 that won't fetch strong will be the MC copy which sold after the mania. The mania has picked up steam again, and it very speculative on the direction of SC22. What I found interesting is all those people paying a premium for GL 76 in 9.4+ should have put there money on SC22 in 7.0+.

Based on my recollection of the scans in the past, the Clink SC #22 9.0 would have a good shot at pressing out to a 9.2 now. (thumbs u

I remember it got re-holdered once in 2009 and saw it in the CGC gallery briefly. Now who has that nice scan of the CL SC22 to share. :)

Ain't that the truth. 30,500 for a 9.6 76 would buy a whole lot of SC 22 that are more rare and should be just as desireable.

If it did, I think it would be even more valuable than Action #1 and Detective #27... combined!

I remember it got re-holdered once in 2009 and saw it in the CGC gallery briefly. Now who has that nice scan of the CL SC22 to share. :)

That book won't see the press or the light of day for years. It is in good hands.

If it did, I think it would be even more valuable than Action #1 and Detective #27... combined!

I would not go that far. Marvel Comics #1 and Captain America Comics #1 combined is probably a safer bet. lol

I would not go that far. Marvel Comics #1 and Captain America Comics #1 combined is probably a safer bet. lol

I`ve got old newspaper that`s been used to wrap fish that`s worth more than a Marvel Comics #1.

I`ve got old newspaper that`s been used to wrap fish that`s worth more than a Marvel Comics #1.

True enough! lol

I think we should be careful, though, as we don't want to attract the MC #1 trolls to this thread......

True enough! lol

I think we should be careful, though, as we don't want to attract the MC #1 trolls to this thread......

I'm sending angry vibes towards Tim.

:mad:

True enough! lol

I'm sending angry vibes towards Tim.

:mad:

I was wondering how long it would take before you weighed in lol

What happened with MC anyway.I recall the big sales figures way back when?

Yeah, back then... book was always making headlines in the OSPG. It's a scarce book and it's no longer considered as important as Action 1 or Detective 27. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

That was a monster book in the 80's and 90's. Neck to neck with A1 and Tec27.

I think it was actually more valuable in the guide.

What happened with MC anyway.I recall the big sales figures way back when?

One problem has been that the book was harder to find than the big DC books before the internet but Heritage has had the same few copies of Marvel #1 (especially the CGC 9.0 Pay Copy) come to market several times giving the impression that the book is "not that hard to find".

Couple that with the internet talk of how there are "no relevant A tier characters" in the book and people likely step back from the book.

To me it's still one of the greatest (and should be) most valuable comics of all time. What do I know, I'm a Marvel Zombie? I feel the same way about Whiz 2 (1) too.

To me it's still one of the greatest (and should be) most valuable comics of all time. What do I know, I'm a Marvel Zombie? I feel the same way about Whiz 2 (1) too.

Whiz Comics #2 (#1) = underrated in this day and age. (worship)

Yup. Terrific art work for the period, classic story, one of the greatest heroes of the Golden Age...and apparently he can beat Superman in a fight because Supes is susceptible to magic.

Who knew?

Reading it as a kid is one of the most heartwarming memories I have as a kid, and I forgot that until I reread the story recently.

Glad I finally got a copy.

:cloud9:

Hey this is a silver age thread :baiting:

But I agree. The way MC 1 and Whiz 1 have been relegated is nuts. Nothing has changed about those books except the market has become fickle in the last couple of months.

But the same holds true about SC 22. I always thought it was a top 5 DC Silver age book. But I guess it took everyone else 50 years to figure that out.