• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

I think with the price rising so quickly, the buyers are taking a wait and see attitude. I guess the seller know he or she is not letting SC22 go at bargain price. I do agree, when the movie gets closer...it will be scorching and parabolic!

I am not too sure about that, now. It has already gone parabolic to this point and while I agree that it has been undervalued for a long time, prices are already a bit too high in the sub-8.0 grades IMHO. Time will tell, I guess, but I think it will be a slower price increase from here on out (which is a good thing as it will mean that the price levels can be supported).

Very solid copy. Same Dark Knight (boardie) copy. Maybe it will sell this time :wishluck:

Very solid copy. Same Dark Knight (boardie) copy. Maybe it will sell this time :wishluck:

:wishluck: At a new lower price

I think with the price rising so quickly, the buyers are taking a wait and see attitude. I guess the seller know he or she is not letting SC22 go at bargain price. I do agree, when the movie gets closer...it will be scorching and parabolic!

I am not too sure about that, now. It has already gone parabolic to this point and while I agree that it has been undervalued for a long time, prices are already a bit too high in the sub-8.0 grades IMHO. Time will tell, I guess, but I think it will be a slower price increase from here on out (which is a good thing as it will mean that the price levels can be supported).

Rather than a slower increase I think we are seeing a little price correction. I am a member of the club and I think SC 22 is the best silver DC key; but I think SS 22 is experiencing a similar ride to what Avengers #1 experienced about 6+ months earlier...

Avengers 1 skyrocketed after it was clear an Avengers movie was anounced but then retraced some of the gains. As a representative expample, Avengers 1 in CGC 7.0 more than tripled in value from the summer of 2008 to the spring of 2009 - going from a $2K book to selling from between $6.5 & $7K. Since last spring it has come down to about $4.5 to $5K. It may stay in this range until the movie talk heats back up. I expect SS 22 may be in the middle of the same type of temporary "correction". This is healthy uin the long run... just not as much fun. hm

That's a gorgeous book Rich !

Man, you've got dupes galore of that book...

Brannon, if it wasn't for the stress lines on the spine, this puppy would be a 6.5. I love the page quality of your 7.5 :cloud9: and not to mention that fabulous AF15 7.0...so sweet!!! :headbang:

That's a gorgeous book Rich !

Man, you've got dupes galore of that book...

Brannon, if it wasn't for the stress lines on the spine, this puppy would be a 6.5. I love the page quality of your 7.5 :cloud9: and not to mention that fabulous AF15 7.0...so sweet!!! :headbang:

Yep, this has been a blessed year for both of us...Great fam and books !!

Can't keep my eyes off the AF15 (yep that's my first love)