• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here is a new one for me on Ebay - Transaction cancelled by seller

37 posts in this topic

The "additional terms" section of the best offer always has scared me. As a seller you have to examine the text written by the buyer every time. What about a best offer where the additional terms include sending additional items or cash back? Or more benignly, asking for a shipping service you do not provide?

Anyway, I hear you Bob, but despite the hassle I think it's in your best interest to read those terms carefully. Or just decline everything that has any terms at all.

Really? Comicsupply level of service.

Last time I checked my ebay feedback I didn't have any negatives and a pretty good rating over the years.

So basically you are telling me that not sending items is the same as not reading your best offer comments about including shipping in the price you are willing to pay?

What exactly is so hard in bidding the right amount instead of mudding up the transaction.

Better yet how about sending a note before you respond to the counteroffer. I answer those.

And for the record I've had this done to me twice. Both times by the same bidder. Both times I honored the bid but told him please bid the price you want to pay as I generally try to respond to ebay bids quickly.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

Look, I'm not ripping on you and probably dropping the 'C' word was too harsh. :foryou:

But you say you don't have the time to read notes in the BO notifications but then go on to say it would better to email you separately?

Seems a bit inconsistent? (shrug)

Again, I'm not ripping you in particular Bob, I just think it's bad form for sellers in general to use a tool offered by Ebay (the BO option) and then say it's too much bother to actually read the correspondence generated by that selling option.

As a dealer I find this a bit annoying.

Many of you assume that I have the time to read your notes on bids.

You should have bid the amount less the shipping.

I would have honored your bid but would have written for you to bid the amount less shipping next time.

That attitude is moving dangerously close to Comicsupply level of customer service.

If you're not willing to deal with communication about your item, don't list it or don't use the BO option where you're asking potential customers to contact you.

(thumbs u

Last time I checked my ebay feedback I didn't have any negatives and a pretty good rating over the years.

So basically you are telling me that not sending items is the same as not reading your best offer comments about including shipping in the price you are willing to pay?

What exactly is so hard in bidding the right amount instead of mudding up the transaction.

Better yet how about sending a note before you respond to the counteroffer. I answer those.

And for the record I've had this done to me twice. Both times by the same bidder. Both times I honored the bid but told him please bid the price you want to pay as I generally try to respond to ebay bids quickly.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

Look, I'm not ripping on you and probably dropping the 'C' word was too harsh. :foryou:

But you say you don't have the time to read notes in the BO notifications but then go on to say it would better to email you separately?

Seems a bit inconsistent? (shrug)

Again, I'm not ripping you in particular Bob, I just think it's bad form for sellers in general to use a tool offered by Ebay (the BO option) and then say it's too much bother to actually read the correspondence generated by that selling option.

(thumbs u

(again)

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

I hate to say it but the best offer option labels that text "Additional Terms". To me, if you don't like an additional term of the sale being placed there, you're beef should be with Ebay and not with the buyer. I've been caught with the additional term ploy of free shipping before and I just shook my head ruefully and honored it for NOT reading the additional terms that they buyer sent.

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

:hi: Hi Bob,

It was not me that did that you, this is the first time ever this has happened to me and :idea: I will take your advice and simply the process for both the buyer and seller. But also as you stated you honored the sale which shows your credibility ! :applause:

I did not do it to decieve the seller, in fact he sent me the email explaining what happen and I responded that I would buy the book and pay for shipping so that his son did not get in trouble!

Then I received the notification that the seller wanted to cancel the sale! So I did what he asked again! (shrug) and canceled the sale / transaction.

Bernard (ebayer: BuddysCollectibles)

Not to play devil's advocate here, but a best offer only includes the actual asking price of the item not the shipping price. The shipping is actually non negotiable as far as Ebay is concerned. If you call customer service they will tell you the best offer cannot included negoitations on shipping. (Yes, I did) You would need to lower your best offer to account for the shipping.

Thank you, I did not know that! hm

I agree with Bob here. It's partially the seller's fault for not catching the shipping caveat in the notes but it's more the buyer's fault for not simply deducting the cost of the shipping from the offer. What if the note had been that the buyer wanted another book thrown in for this price or the seller has to send it to CGC first?
Then would not the seller have to honor this sale?

Bob Storms

www.highgradecomics.com

:hi: Hi Bob,

It was not me that did that you, this is the first time ever this has happened to me and :idea: I will take your advice and simply the process for both the buyer and seller. But also as you stated you honored the sale which shows your credibility ! :applause:

I did not do it to decieve the seller, in fact he sent me the email explaining what happen and I responded that I would buy the book and pay for shipping so that his son did not get in trouble!

Then I received the notification that the seller wanted to cancel the sale! So I did what he asked again! (shrug) and canceled the sale / transaction.

Bernard (ebayer: BuddysCollectibles)

Bernard,

Anybody ever tell you that you may be a little TOO nice of a guy? lol

ML

If buyers started stating they too don't have the time to read sellers notes/terms there would be kaos

I quit reading anything. That way it can't be my fault and someone else will have to shoulder the responsibility for my actions.

Somebody please read this post for me. :whatev: