• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANTED Adam Hughes Sketch Card

29 posts in this topic

This is one of the coolest things ever. Not only are these two cards together, but a collector was able to achieve a lofty goal of pairing them. Very awesome story!

So what's the story in the middle? Where was the second card? How did you manage to get ahold of it? Congrats of course, but info man! The chase is half the intrigue!

Two years ago I bought the upper card off eBay, and tried for a couple of months to get the bottom card with no luck.

In the following months, I kept checking the internet, posting in the Adam Hughes yahoo group and here, but nothing for a while, until I found the first clue about the missing card, a comment left in Adam Hughes deviantART page. I contacted the person that posted the comment, and thanks to him, I learned a bit more about the mystery owner, but the information did little for me and nothing happened, and at end, it made me think that maybe the mystery owner didn't have the card.

One year went by and nothing, until May this year. Andrew Allen saw my post here and offered help to locate the card, he thought the card was probably in Minnesota, home of the MCBA Fallcon. We interchanged a couple of messages, I shared the information about the mystery owner and voilá, he found the owner and the card.

So at the very end, the mystery owner did have the card, and agreed to trade for another Adam Hughes card.