• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncanny X_Men #266 (1st Gambit)....Really CLINK?

37 posts in this topic

For a 9.8, I can see that... raw is about $45-50, 8x raw doesn't seem too unreasonable for this issue.

-slym

You have to remember, these 1990 X-Men books are VERY rare in high grade. Only 2,647 have been graded, and a measly 439 have received a 9.8 grade.

And yet, Batman #428, with only 18 9.8s, can barely scrape together $255.

Criminal.

For a 9.8, I can see that... raw is about $45-50, 8x raw doesn't seem too unreasonable for this issue.

-slym

You have to remember, these 1990 X-Men books are VERY rare in high grade. Only 2,647 have been graded, and a measly 439 have received a 9.8 grade.

And yet, Batman #428, with only 18 9.8s, can barely scrape together $255.

Criminal.

Advertise them as X-Batman #428 and score some of that crazy mutant bread.

Everyone here seams to forget that there are a LOT of rich Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians etc that have a TON of disposible income that happen to like comics and dont really care how much a comic is so they will spend whatever it takes.

Everyone here seams to forget that there are a LOT of rich Doctors, Lawyers, Politicians etc that have a TON of disposible income that happen to like comics and dont really care how much a comic is so they will spend whatever it takes.

That makes no sense. Do you think a rich doctor or lawyer is going to go into a grocery store, grab a loaf of bread, some turkey, a bag of chips and a gallon of milk and hand the checkout a hundred dollar bill and walk out? No, he or she is going to pay what the cost of the item is. Just because a person has a lot of money does not mean they are going to pay 4x the going rate for something. Chances are, a modicum of fiscal responsibility is part of what helped them to become successful in the first place.

That makes no sense. Do you think a rich doctor or lawyer is going to go into a grocery store, grab a loaf of bread, some turkey, a bag of chips and a gallon of milk and hand the checkout a hundred dollar bill and walk out? No, he or she is going to pay what the cost of the item is. Just because a person has a lot of money does not mean they are going to pay 4x the going rate for something. Chances are, a modicum of fiscal responsibility is part of what helped them to become successful in the first place.

I fully agree, most wealthy people that I deal with during my job as a contractor, they will micromanage there money down to a penny. I know people who do office work at the medical Clinic in town and they are lucky to get a 25 cent raise each year, while to Doctors make there doctor wages right next to them.

I fully agree, most wealthy people that I deal with during my job as a contractor, they will micromanage there money down to a penny. I know people who do office work at the medical Clinic in town and they are lucky to get a 25 cent raise each year, while to Doctors make there doctor wages right next to them.

Well somebody is is paying these prices. You have any idea who?

The really sad thing is that the book is a miscut. The back cover is coming onto the front but it's hard to see because the bc is black. But the word Uncanny is going right off the top of the book. Whoever is bidding must be unaware of GPA because the price of the book has been bottoming out with over-production of 9.8s.

Give it another year or two and it will done to $100 like the Wolverine limited series books.

Kinda sad :P

90-day GPA Average is $188

12-month GPA Average is $216

Last Sale was $176 this month

The bidders on CLink are clearly wackos. Why waste money on a book like this when there are three other copies up for auction right now.

I remember back in 1995 a comic book dealer listed a whole case of X-men 266 for sale in Comics buyers guide and he was asking only $900.00 for the whole case which contained 300 copies which was just $3.00 a book. Those were the good old days. I myself once had 30 raw copies of X-men 266 all at one time they are not that hard to find in CGC 9.4 or better grade based on the CGC census.

The really sad thing is that the book is a miscut. The back cover is coming onto the front but it's hard to see because the bc is black. But the word Uncanny is going right off the top of the book. Whoever is bidding must be unaware of GPA because the price of the book has been bottoming out with over-production of 9.8s.

Give it another year or two and it will done to $100 like the Wolverine limited series books.

Kinda sad :P

90-day GPA Average is $188

12-month GPA Average is $216

Last Sale was $176 this month

The bidders on CLink are clearly wackos. Why waste money on a book like this when there are three other copies up for auction right now.

I put up my white pages 9.8 copy in the forum recently at $199 with no takers! Maybe the CLINK sale will spill over to ebay prices... hm

Well somebody is paying these prices. You have any idea who?

Stupid people? (shrug)

I heard these guys were big buyers: hm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4313487

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2009/07/22/baldwin-stephen-bankruptcy.html