• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edgar Church Rolling Over in Grave,Mile High copy of Tally-Ho Comics Desecrated?

168 posts in this topic

Common etiquette?

Come on now.

The definition of common etiquette seems more aligned to having the decency to advise others as to your thoughts on the notion of paying too much for a particular item.I haven't been on this forum for long but I will say that 12 g-balls is a bit of a high price to ask for that book.

I had a beater copy of that book, around a decade or so ago, and sold it in auction on ebay for around $150-400.

I'd rather buy a low grade copy of that book for a couple hundred books, along with a piece of original Frazetta sketch art, with that kind of money.

If anyone is concerned about such things, that book belongs to a Boardie. General etiquette may suggest a little more temperance.

My 2c is that the provenance is what it is. There are those who believe that signatures enhance books and those that believe that they deface them. Ne'er the twain shall meet. But I will never be convinced of the "stewardship" model of owning comics.

Common etiquette?

Come on now.

The definition of common etiquette seems more aligned to having the decency to advise others as to your thoughts on the notion of paying too much for a particular item.I haven't been on this forum for long but I will say that 12 g-balls is a bit of a high price to ask for that book.

I had a beater copy of that book, around a decade or so ago, and sold it in auction on ebay for around $150-400.

I'd rather buy a low grade copy of that book for a couple hundred books, along with a piece of original Frazetta sketch art, with that kind of money.

You just replied to a post that's roughly 4.5 years old. :makepoint:

Let this thread fall off the front page. It's only here again because someone dug it up to stir the pot.