• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yahoo Comic Auctions

5 posts in this topic

Hello jduran

I have an account on Yahoo!Auctions that rarely ever gets used. Not too much volume to make things work like eBay. Every once in a while you CAN get a good deal when a newbie lists something on Yahoo!Auctions under guide and use their version of Buy-it-Now. I forget the exact wording they use, but it is similar to eBay's "Buy-It-Now". I would not recommend selling there if you have great comics, just MHO. hi.gif

I have a Yahoo account that I use regularly for buying and selling. Volumes on Yahoo are much lower than on Ebay, naturally, but I don't count that as a negative. Volumes everywhere are lower than on Ebay.

Listing on Yahoo is much cheaper than Ebay, and they have a quick-and-dirty bulk loader that I find easier to use than Ebay's. Because of the lower volume of traffic, exposure isn't very high and you might find it strangely tough to sell good material. But at the same time, lower volume means your listings don't get lost in the crowd as easily.

Sales-wise, I have sold every bit as much on Yahoo as on Ebay. Strange but true. A couple months ago, as a test, I put 25 SA books up on Ebay and 25 others on Yahoo for one week, priced a $5 - $50. After a week, I swapped the unsold Ebay's with the unsold Yahoo's and let 'em go for another week. In the end, I sold 19 of the books, 9 on Ebay and 10 on Yahoo. Almost exactly half and half money-wise, too. $108.75 from Ebay sales and $98 even from Yahoo. Ebay fees topped $20, while Yahoo was only $7.40.

Buying-wise, you won't see many really high end items on Yahoo. Or any real quality GA. It shows up now and then, but generally no. SA superhero can be really competitive, hard to get a deal. I do well with other SA, like the Dell Giants in the F/VF range I just picked up for $4 apiece.