• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Con 2010

118 posts in this topic

I didn't buy anything, but it was fun. Cool to meet Roy, Pokerkid and innocuous(and his son Ben) and catch up with both Steves and Ronaldo. Also had a good conversation with a friend who doesn't frequent the boards.

Had a lotta fun today at the local Yorba Linda Con…was only able to attend for about 2 hours in the afternoon, but enjoyed meeting up with some boardies I met at last year’s event, and met a couple of new people and boardies including Roy which was cool as we’ve done a few deals in the past year or so…

Chatted with Ed Robertson who was very nice who I had remembered from my eBay days…hunted around for an ST 110 in mid-grade but there were like only 2 in the house and I passed…they were decent, I just didn’t pull the trigger…

I’m really bummed…I thought I had a pic of Dave/oakman29 but couldn’t find it…not sure if it was some fault of mine…trying to still figure out my new camera I got for my birthday…Dave is a very nice guy and guarded my books for me while I went to the CGC booth and he’s a pleasure to shoot the mess with…(Dave John and I shared some Grinder stories…)…we were trying to hold our swearing down with his young baby nearby…

I wasn’t super-happy with the photos…I’m still kindof tinkering with the camera…hope they’re not too crappy on the internet…I’ve gotta run, if I think of anything else I forgot to mention I’ll post it later…

Formerly Spidey-on-tilt now Cobra Commander fondling a couple of my raw books I brought to peruse…enjoying the California sun 3 weeks prior to his move to Philly…

DSC00024.jpg

Here’s me holding my FF 1 I purchased for 50-cents in 1971 through a fanzine ad…

DSC00026.jpg

Steve Borock was gracious enough to stop by and cruise my books as well…THX Steve, it was great to see you and talk comics…

DSC00027.jpg

Here’s Harley Yee’s booth with Roy as side-kick…

DSC00029.jpg

Here’s Harley looking through my recent stack of pre-Issue 83 JIMs I bought from zzutak…I showed these to quite a few people and everybody really dug them…Harley offered to buy the whole box but I couldn’t do it…I broke down and sold him 5 books…

DSC00030.jpg

Here’s Don Rosa manning the Don Rosa booth…

DSC00040.jpg

The rest are just room/dealer shots to hopefully give everyone the picture that this was all about the books…wall-to-wall books…a great little one-day Con for the true fan… (sorry I didn’t get any picks of Room B…)

This was at Harley’s booth

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00035.jpg

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

That's Jamie Graham, and our very own Sacentaur.

Notice how Jamie is giving a hard look at my L.A. Kings hat; just because he has the Blackhawks (la-dee-dah) in his hometown, doesn't mean I couldn't poke some fun at him for the Kings going 5-0 on their most recent roadtrip. :whee:

DSC00031.jpg

That's Jamie Graham, and our very own Sacentaur.

Notice how Jamie is giving a hard look at my L.A. Kings hat; just because he has the Blackhawks (la-dee-dah) in his hometown, doesn't mean I couldn't poke some fun at him for the Kings going 5-0 on their most recent roadtrip. :whee:

Hmmph, Crackers, what a wet pant load ! :screwy:

Just kidding Jamie, I love you,!!

B

Seriously, I want to thank Terry for another great show - this is THE annual 1-day vintage show to attend in the Los Angeles/Orange Country area.

Besides meeting up with so many friends and boardies, some of my favorite dealers were in attendance: Harley Yee, Graham Crackers, Ed Robertson, A-1, So Cal, Steve Wyatt, Dan Medart, and of course Terry's Comics, just to name a few.

And a good sign for CGC to make an appearance - I'm already looking forward to next year!

Seriously, I want to thank Terry for another great show - this is THE annual 1-day vintage show to attend in the Los Angeles/Orange Country area.

Besides meeting up with so many friends and boardies, some of my favorite dealers were in attendance: Harley Yee, Graham Crackers, Ed Robertson, A-1, So Cal, Steve Wyatt, Dan Medart, and of course Terry's Comics, just to name a few.

And a good sign for CGC to make an appearance - I'm already looking forward to next year!

Terry, as busy and tired as he seemed yesterday, really did a great job putting together a premiere vintage comic show. It did not feel like a "small" one day show.

:applause:

When's the 2011 one? hm

GREAT CONVENTION!

Perfect for real comic collectors and comic readers. Reminded me of the old NYC Seuling market place shows :cloud9: except people were not smoking cigs and pot everywhere lol

Many friends in the room and a :censored: load of comic books. Picked up, GA, SA, BA for biz and a bunch of trades of myself. Not much OA at all, which, as a collector, was a bummer for me. Spent a lot of money, so I am sure that terry's dealers were happy.

I loved not having to deal with/getting past TV, movie, sports, etc; people just to find comic books. That kept the crowd to comic people only.

Had such a great time hanging with everyone!

Spent a lot of time Sat and Sun with Don Rosa. What a great guy (thumbs u

Thanks to Terry for putting on a true comic book convention.

I want to thank everybody that attended the 2010 California Comic Convention All feedback indicates that it was a big success. I finally managed to update my web site to show Pictures and give Raffle numbers for winners that were not present.

CCC_Don_rosa_sketch_2010.jpg

I also want to mention that my 2010 Terry's Comics catalog is now available in PDF format at: NationwideKomix.com