• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Royer & comic artwork, SanDiego Comic-Con badges

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I will be working at Mike Royer's table who will be selling his artwork...

booth #1601 for the San Diego Comic-com!

Plus, I will be bringing down artwork from my comic art collection-Uncanny X-Men, Sandman, etc.

Also, my friend can't make it and won't use his two Exhibitor Badges so he has made them available for sale or comic art trade.

Best,

Just a thought or two about Richard Kyle.

Seeing the word Wonderland brought it all back to me. Thirty-five years or so ago I was an Illustration Student at Long Beach State, and Wonderland was my book store for comics. Presiding was Richard Kyle who tolerated my book obessions by turning me on to Phil Yeh's Jam, Steranko's Chandler, and this guy named Mike who was working with Jack Kirby. It was here I met Kirby as he gave a talk one day sitting at a drawing table at the right of the entrance. I asked about morgue files and types of pencils, while kids in their teens asked about Captain America. I'm pretty sure Royer was there as well and I became familiar with his style and inking. I loved that store, roomy and clean as I seem to recall. And Kyle was always kind and smiling, moustashed,skinny, always had something to say.

I'll say hi at Booth #1601 this weekend.