• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men 108-143 reprints

13 posts in this topic

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 covers #101-110 (It just came out this week, btw)

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 3 covers #111-120 (Comes out in March)

We can assume that there will be volumes after these, covering at least till the end of the Byrne run.

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 4 #121-130

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 5 #131-140

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 6 #141-150

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 2 covers #101-110 (It just came out this week, btw)

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 3 covers #111-120 (Comes out in March)

We can assume that there will be volumes after these, covering at least till the end of the Byrne run.

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 4 #121-130

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 5 #131-140

Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men Volume 6 #141-150

You need to know first that there are two different Volumes for X-Men Masterworks. The Silver Age run and the Bronze Age run. They both use the Vol. 1, 2, 3..... system. So, addressing the Bronze run, it looks like this:

Vol. 1 covers GS X-Men #1 and 94-100.

Vol. 2 covers 101-110

Vol. 3 covers 111-120

All of these have been out for years and have had several printings (I own them). You can get them now on E-bay.

The newest printing of Vol. 2 is coming out this month.

The newest printing of Vol. 3 comes in March, but here's the kicker. The newest printing of Vol. 3 will cover 111-121. Marvel decided to include 121 in this printing because it's Pt.2 of a story told in 120 & 121 (good call Marvel).

All of the new printings are remastered and many of them have added material that was left out of earlier printings. If you're just starting I would recommend getting the newest printing. If you already have some of the older printings it's not worth it to buy the new ones IMO.

At this time there are no plans to create any more of the Bronze X-Men run in Masterwork form so don't hold your breath for Vol. 4, 5 & 6.

Don't count on the entire Byrne run being reprinted by the Masterworks...

The Masterworks currently in print are basically the ones they had in the old series (with the addition of issue 121) and there aren't plans for a whole mess of new masterworks. I've heard that there may be a few new volumes with possibly an additional Spider Man volume. We'll see. Quesada wanted to restart all the Masterworks again along with some new ones, but I wouldn't expect a lot til the end of 04.

If you want reprints go with Classic X-Men.

Otherwise, get the Essentials... you can get all the stories you're looking for super cheap. And the Byrne art reprints very nicely in Black and White.