• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some ASM love

27 posts in this topic

I like getting my ASM fix three times per month! (shrug)

Well you will like it 4 times a month then. With the coming of Web of Spiderman vol 2 to be included into the ASM sequence.

As for the future MJ storyline, I am hoping when its done, she is buried next to Gwen stacy, and never to be seen again.

! Is this new title going to be a stand alone series, or the inevitable story tie-in with ASM?

From what I gathered at the shop was that it was going to be a stand alone title. In example take he American Son storyline. it would be

ASM Part 1

ASM Part 2

ASM Part 3

Web Part 4

Thats how they explained it to me, I ask why not just make it a weekly series? no answer there. BUT spidey sales are up at the few shops I visit,

:censored::censored::censored:

I thought the combo of ASM 3 times a month was the end of crossovers for awhile...

I was crossover to death in the 90's and I pray they DON'T do this slop!

A three to one crossover ratio would be horrendous!

If I find out this is true it will be easy for me to leave the title

(I hate crossovers that bad)...

:P

God...I just read ASM 600. Will someone PLEASE get that no talent hack Romita Jr off this book...my 10 yr old can draw better than him...man... he just ruined the issue for me...

ok, I feel better now...

Not a fan of any of the current artists. Wish they just one dependable guy. (of course, no way he could hold up on 3 books a month).

I actually liked Deodato. His Spider-Man was good (not great) but I thought his characters were awesome.

Well you will like it 4 times a month then. With the coming of Web of Spiderman vol 2 to be included into the ASM sequence.

As for the future MJ storyline, I am hoping when its done, she is buried next to Gwen stacy, and never to be seen again.

! Is this new title going to be a stand alone series, or the inevitable story tie-in with ASM?

From what I gathered at the shop was that it was going to be a stand alone title. In example take he American Son storyline. it would be

ASM Part 1

ASM Part 2

ASM Part 3

Web Part 4

Thats how they explained it to me, I ask why not just make it a weekly series? no answer there. BUT spidey sales are up at the few shops I visit,

I thought the combo of ASM 3 times a month was the end of crossovers for awhile...

According to Marvel, Web will run independent storylines from those in ASM.

ASM Part 1

ASM Part 2

ASM Part 3

Web Part 4

According to Marvel, Web will run independent storylines from those in ASM.

I sure hope you've got that right. I dislike crossovers too.....just the hassle keeping track, let alone the cost.

I like Deodato as well. He pencilled some nice covers.

I decided to pick up #600 and was completely lost and not really impressed with it, I will not be picking this series up again anytime soon. Though I did like how Doc Ock deteriorated from all those fights throughout the years but as we know from looking at the Red Skull, he wont be dying anytime soon.

Does anyone know these answers?

- Was Aunt May ever shot or did Mephisto just wipe that away too?

- Is Johnny and Sue Storm the same people from the Marvel Universe? They dont look nothing like from what I remember, Mr. Fantastic still looked the same. Johnny looked like some teenager and Sue looked like she not much older.

- When did JJJ become Mayor of NYC and leave the Bugle?

- Peter has a female roommate?? WTH? Does she know about his identity?

I think that's all I have for now.

Ok, here are your answers from the top of my head.

a. Mephisto wiped that away. That was essentially the deal, save Aunt May and lose MJ.

b. Yes, same people. Call it creative license or just bad drawing.

c. Jonah became mayor a few issues back (too lazy to find the exact number, must have been around #592 or so). Marla sold the Bugle to reduce the stress on Jonah. Against his will of course.

d. His original roommate Vin was a cop who was charged with helping frame Spider-Man for a series of murders. The female is his sister who moved to help Vin fight the charges. Not a lot of character development on her yet.