• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August 2nd Westford, MA Comic Show

14 posts in this topic

Lord knows I'd prefer to keep all the deals for myself, but I wouldn't want to see this show get lost in the plethora of SD and Chigago hub-bub.

I hear tell that Larry is going to hit the ball out of the park with this one! It looks to be a fantastic time at the larger and almost new location! This show ALWAYS has a fantastic selection of books. As always board members (His very Special Friends) are invited early (and free?) for Donutpalooza! Come down, hang out talk shop, meet other board members. It will be a ball. Judge the unique New England Treasure, Larry Doherty for yourself.

At least that's what GACollectibles says.

P20090802.jpg

How about some dish from those who were there. Maybe an overview of stuff available?

It hasn't happened yet. :makepoint:

I'll be there with camera to snap pictures of Mike, since I know what he looks like even though we've never met.

I'll be there with camera to snap pictures of Mike, since I know what he looks like even though we've never met.

Better get a heavy duty- shock resistant lens! This face ain't pretty!

I'm looking forward to saying "hey" to everyone.

I'm still a maybe as we are having a big bash the night before. The margarita's will be a flowin' so we will have to see how my morning goes. :sick:

Is there a coupon? I saw a bunch of people with free entry coupons last time...

I'm still a maybe as we are having a big bash the night before. The margarita's will be a flowin' so we will have to see how my morning goes. :sick:

Is there a coupon? I saw a bunch of people with free entry coupons last time...

Check with local stores, but I think all CGC Board memebers get in free as well! I will confirm!

Allow me, good sir. I got this straight from the horses - well, Larry, anyway:

"Free for board members ALWAYS early admission and coffee and donuts." There's also passes available at many area LCSs.

And here's further info:

New Chew?

We are proud to present a brand New location for the "Biggest small town show in America!"

Confirmed Dealers Include:

Bedrock Comics (1) Our very special Retailer friends from Framingham.

Mark Kassenberg (2)

Bop City Comics (1) James Talbot runs the "Boston Comic Book Show" best in in New England!!

Ed Bradley (2)

Bill Mahoney(1)

Bob Gagne & Mike Donahue (2 tables) longtime friends/collectors offer deals from the golden age, original art right up to current books.

Comically Speaking (8) five star store from Reading is OUR largest vendor.

Chris' Enterprises (2)

Dave Hartwell (1) want obscure and interesting?? Ask Dave to tell you a joke.

East Bay Comics (1) Dave Hemmen

Bill Nolan(1)

Finar Comics (2) Jim Parente

Harrison's Comics (5)

Golden Age Collectibles (2) Andrew Cretella has built up quite the nitche dealing in high grade specialty books.

Greg Moutafis (1)

Harrison's (5) New Englands top shop

Larry's Wonderful World Of Comics (8)..local person_too_unaware_of_social_graces that has proudly served the Merrimack valley for almost 2 decades..will have a completely new inventory of hot/cheap/closeout stock.

Paper Hero's (4)

Paul Conrad - The Comic Fan's Comics (3) unbelievable a-z selection of hot and high grade books

Robert Leighton (1) NH dealer with silver age comics & Toys

Scott Reilly (1)

Scott Ross (1)

Scott Pelin (1)

Mad Tyler Comics (1)

Tim Knowles Comics Ect.(1) Tim has a garage full of Silver Age delights...you never know what he is going to bring.

TJ's Collectibles (3) sweet store in Milford, MA Keep checking the site for updates lots of small press adds a coming.!

Webhead Enterprises (1)

GUEST OF HONOR: Charles Paul Wilson III - Penciler of Th3rd World Studios' The Stuff Of Legend!

Guests Include:

Kris Carter -Penciler-Grimm Fairy Tales, Epoch, The Sire, Leprechaun,....

Mike Dolce-Writer-The Sire, Descendent, Grimm Fairy Tales-Colorist-Bubba the Redneck Werewolf Super Sci-fi Special (2006), Descendant (2009),M Theory (2008), The Sire

Bob Shaw-Comic Art House

Bob Almond-inker of Black Panther, Quasar, & Star Trek: The Last Generation,columnist for Sketch Magazine, and director for The Inkwell Awards

Matt Ryan-Creator of Bigger, Vampire Bed and Breakfast, UnHappy Grandma'.......

Jason Casey and John DeLitta artists-Hatter and Hare Studios

Peter Vinton - Fantasy Illustrator

Amy Fletcher -Broadsword Comics Model/Fantasy artist

Juli Mayers -artist-Wicked Unscripted Web Comic

Scott Ethan Ambruson -artist-Trailer Park Of Terror

Don Mathia - The Peanizles Comic

Christopher Gibbs - Gothic Artist

Mike Doherty-artist-sketch cards-t-shirts pop culture prints

Ian Nichols-Fat Cat Funnies

Mark Hicks & David Heeb

Rick Silva of Dandelion Studios writer for Zephyr & Reginald: Minions for Hire.

Josh Sullivan - Cartoonist and Zinester for Josh Comics

Joe McGlone - Webcomic artist for Heroic Space Adventures.

Keep your eye on Larry's Comics for updates!

Larry set this info up with links to all the artists, but the links are getting shaved when I cut and paste.

Another successful day of comic-box diving for me! A couple of pre-codes, a handful of dollar books (mostly Charlton war) and some great oddball stuff, like a Mexican Vampire comic!

I saw a couple of Board members (hey Mike!) and had a very enjoyable time.