• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics will be worthless in 1 year

126 posts in this topic

if i wanted pets, they would be lionhead or oranda goldfish, they're good for feng shui.

Isn't Feng Shui about lines and using lines to channel good energy by running the lines in certain directions, or something like that? Or am I mixed up here? If that is what it is, how do certain kinds of fish have an effect?

Phil

NAME: Hello, my name is Andrew,

FIRST APPEARANCE: I was born in a small town, and I currently live in an even smaller country town in Missouri.

SIBLINGS: I have an older sister and younger brother, a cat (Vanilla) and a dog (Lucky).

MARITAL STATUS: I am single, often lonely, and would like to be married, and maybe even have a kid or two (after a year or two of marriage).

OCCUPATION: I work for my dad as an electrician, I have roughly 9+ years of experience, and I make descent money compared to what most people around here make.

MORALS: I do NOT use illegal drugs (7 years and counting) , I don't drink alcohol (never aquired a taste for it), and I quit smoking cigarettes years ago. I try to be honest with myself and other people. I belive in God, I am a Christian (very imperfect one I might add) and the good Lord has helped shape me into the person I am today.

INTERESTS: I have many interests outside the relm of comic books like music (almost all genres), movies (like: Braveheart, Last of the Mohawkins, Pearl Harbor, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Spider-Man, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones), PC and console (video) games (almost all genres). I don't get nearly enough exercise anymore (and it shows frown.gif ), but in the past I have enjoyed basketball, weight lifting, bicycling, and swimming among other sports (I like to be involved in them, but I can't stand to watch them go figure huh?).

OTHER TADBITS: I have posted at other messageboards such as WizardWorld (which I don't recommend) and the DC boards (too narrow in topics for me), and I like the boards here at Collector's Society the most. To date, I have only used 1username. What you read is what you get with me, like it or lump it folks this is the real me.

That is all the comes to my finite mind right now...

My real name is Ricky Nguyen. I am the youngest of 10 siblings (6 sisters, 3 brothers). shocked.gif I am 20 yrs old and just received my A.A. Degree & will soon pursue a bachelor's degree. Like Supa, I haven't had a "job" since December 2000 b/c I hate working for someone else and have been living off of my scholarships, school loans, and eBay (wish I was rich like murph smirk.gif ).

I discovered eBay November 2002 after making a few comic purchases and have now reached Powerseller status within the first year. After my initial purchases the comic bug bit me once again & I soon accumulated a few thousand thousand raw comics & over 150 slabbed books within the last year.

My hobbies consist of comic collecting, messing with my car, and snowboarding whenever I get the chance since I do live in Southern California. I listen to all types of music with the exception of country (cant stand that ). I have never been single longer than a few months and am currently in a "long term" relationship which is going on it's second year.

I'm glad I discovered this board since everyone has been esxtremely helpful & I want to take this opportinity to say thank you to everyone. laugh.gif

My brother-man in 80s music. Who knew that gunga-thin could have so much in common with a hermaphrodite whatchamacallit that meth said. That was one of my favoite things about him - the very fun nicknames. I have actually thought that might be my new ebay name. But I digress. I have a huge collection of 80s stuff and still see 80s bands when they come around. saw the Cult 3x last year and almost saw the P. Furs. have seen most of the goos ones at one time or another - Hoodoo gurus, REM, Janes ADD in 1988, Concrete Blond, X, Billy idol, B-52s, social D, Camper Van beethoven and too many others to remember right away. I went to school in Athens Ga for a few years and would live there during the summer. My best friend at school was the base player for a fairly well knoewn band called the Kilkenny Cats. He was a wild dude and how he toured around and stayed in school I never could figure, but i met a lot of cool folks and went to lots of parties. And nothing helps with the chicks like being on the "ins" with a cool band in a college town. Anywy lots of good new "new wave" music these days - I picked up a cd the other day by OK GO that is great, also Hives and White Stripes are very good - and really like dandy warhols. Still love the Cult best though. i have allsorts of bootlegs, a couple of tapes and 2 dvds. also really into The replacements -very under appreciated - I have just about every thing they did and a couple of live shows. If they just weren't so stoned who knows what might have been?

Oh man what the hell!!!! I forgot to mention my roommates frown.gif(

They're gonna be pissed. Anyways, I have a Siberian Husky named Kiev that I actually got in Alaska from a breeder as to avoid the hereditary problems usually faced with sib huskys. I also have 2 little cats named Smokey and Bandit.

Brian

I am single, often lonely, and would like to be married, and maybe even have a kid or two (after a year or two of marriage).

I was married the first time at 27 and I was too young. It is waaaaaaay important to marry the RIGHT person. My Ex-Wife was not a bad person really, we just had different beliefs. I am very happy with my current wife and we have been married for 10 years (since I was 32). Enjoy your freedom for now, and when the right girl comes along you won't think she is the right one ... you will KNOW it.

Phil

checkout queens of the stoneage and interpol if you haven't already. love the furs my brotha and echo and the bunnymen. now the cult, i loved their cd love, electric, and sonic temple, after that it was all downhill. i missed them at the warfield along with janes addiction this year, can you blame me? i live in the frickin city man. but i saw them at lollapalooza anyways. best concert i ever been to, the cure during the wish tour. honourable mentions, lollapalooza first 3 years and new years eve 1991/1992 pearl jam(never liked them) nirvana, and the red hot chilli peppers (dissapointing in concert, but nirvana kicked some serious arse!!!!) pulp at bimbo's in 1996, and finally oasis, those MF'ers are loud! blush.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif

Yeah my other area of expertise ( than comics) is 80s music. I have a lot of cds - i hate the radio and i have to do a good deal of driving so I listen to a lot of cds. Also love the the late 60s and 70s too - have all the Zep titles, Ac Dc, Black sabbath ( Ozzy only), Bowie, Talking Heads, clash, Iggy Pop etc. I have always enjoyed live music and still get to a few concerts when i can get a sitter. loudest show i ever saw was Cult and Metallica- Ouch!

I only like stuff you guys probably hate. Like Elvis, Bob Seger, and Ted Nugent's "Fred Bear".

Iggy Pop sounds like thos stupid Things I used to get when the Ice cream man came down the street. With 8 kids my folks didn't have a whole lot of money. So we couldn't have ice cream from the truck.

Instead Mom froze Kool Aid in a dixie cup and put a popsicle stick in it (For some reason she almost ALWAYS used green Kool Aid, which was the very worst flavor). Of course all the neighborhood kids referred to it as welfare ice cream and laughed uncontrollably when the ice cream man came down the road. They would gather around the truck, keeping one eye on our front door just waiting for me to emerge with my "Welfare ice cream", and I would dread going out there only to be humiliated, but I wasn't allowed to eat the ice cream in the house, so out I would go.

The other kids in the neighborhood would laugh until tears were streaming down their faces, while I sat on the front steps ... Madder than a hornet ... Tapping my foot in frustration, while I ate my stupid green welfare ice cream.

Phil