• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Masterworks treatment for Marvel Mags?

4 posts in this topic

Went to my local comics store this weekend and noticed the recent Marvel Masterworks volumes from the past year. In my humble opinion, it seems as though they're running out of quality reprint material and I was wondering if anyone's aware of plans by Marvel to reprint the Marvel Mags of the 1970s within the Marvel Masterwork line?

I think it would be a great idea as many of the stories were never reprinted, and I'd love to see them in the nice high-gloss hardcover format. hm

My top picks for Masterworks treatment, in no particular order, would be:

1. Rampaging Hulk

2. Savage Tales

3. Savage Sword of Conan

4. Deadly Hands of Kung Fu

5. Dracula Lives

3. Savage Sword of Conan

And this will never happen since they lost the license to Dark Horse who is doing a fine job of reprinting them in "Essentials" format. I don't mind getting them collecting in a cheaper format. They were created for cheap newsprint and we are getting them back in the same cheap newsprint. Nothing wrong with that. It's a nice convenient package.

Went to my local comics store this weekend and noticed the recent Marvel Masterworks volumes from the past year. In my humble opinion, it seems as though they're running out of quality reprint material and I was wondering if anyone's aware of plans by Marvel to reprint the Marvel Mags of the 1970s within the Marvel Masterwork line?

I think it would be a great idea as many of the stories were never reprinted, and I'd love to see them in the nice high-gloss hardcover format. hm

My top picks for Masterworks treatment, in no particular order, would be:

1. Rampaging Hulk

2. Savage Tales

3. Savage Sword of Conan

4. Deadly Hands of Kung Fu

5. Dracula Lives

I don't think we'll see The Rampaging Hulk in Masterwork format any time soon. It's currently in Essential format. The Hulk series is at Volume 5 which includes issues up to 121.

Savage Tales (Conan) and SS of Conan won't see print (as stated before - Dark Horse license). Dark Horse is currently reprinting SSOC in an Essential like format.

Licensing issues will probably prevent Deadly Hands of Kung Fu (Shang Chi) from being reprinted.

The Iron Fist stories will hopefully make there way to a Masterwork soon.

The Dracula Lives stories should see print in the promised Tomb of Dracula Omnibus Volume 3.

Check out the Marvel Masterworks board Marvel Masterworks which has tons of info on the Masterworks program.

Thanks

Phil