• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

This news hit me like a kick in the gut. While we exchanged PMs on occasion, I never met him in-person. I'm hoping against hope Nik can make a recovery and I will still have that opportunity some day.

Enjoy every sandwich...

I am completely stunned as I'm reading this.

Who would have thought that one of board staples, that has been credited with so may people join from his contests including myself, would be in this state.

I wish him nothing less than a full and speedy recovery.

My God, I'm gonna miss him, but by damn, I am thankful that I got to know him. To not to have known Nik personally would have been a greater loss than losing him now. :sumo:
Does this mean that what was posted is true jim? :(

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

The first thing I check when I get on the boards is to see how Nik is doing, when I saw that there were so many posts, I knew this couldn't be good.

I've never met Nik in person, but wow I love this guy!!! This hurts so bad! But like Brian and many others I will hold out hope for a miracle and no matter what happens he and his family will be in my prayers!

After speaking with Nik's wife earlier this evening, the Nik we all know and love is more than likely gone.

Niky had what is classified as a massive stroke. Due to the carotid artery being blocked, the entire left side of his brain was severely damaged. It will not regenerate, not even with drastic measures, i.e.drilling to alleviate pressure. His neurologist is Tedy Bruschi's doctor. It was concluded that even if they drilled he would be left with no language, receptive or expressive, no memory, no cognition, he would be on a ventilator, feeding tube and catheter.

The Niky we know could not be saved. The Niky I know would not live like that.

I need to stay in denial for now. I'm not ready to accept that.....

Do whatever you need to buddy. :foryou:

Thanks for keeping us updated Jim. I feel fooked up right now....

Yeah Jim, we all appreciate the updates. I need to leave the boards for now.

Damn....

I really wish I went to Heroes. He and I spoke before and he was suggesting some hotels to me, but my job wouldnt allow it. And now I dont ever get to talk to him again. I really dont know what to say. My heart goes out to his family, they were his world. I just hoped it would be wrong, some miracle would happen. I dont know what else to say other than it was my honor to meet such a great human being, and will think of him and miss him at every convention.

After speaking with Nik's wife earlier this evening, the Nik we all know and love is more than likely gone.

Niky had what is classified as a massive stroke. Due to the carotid artery being blocked, the entire left side of his brain was severely damaged. It will not regenerate, not even with drastic measures, i.e.drilling to alleviate pressure. His neurologist is Tedy Bruschi's doctor. It was concluded that even if they drilled he would be left with no language, receptive or expressive, no memory, no cognition, he would be on a ventilator, feeding tube and catheter.

The Niky we know could not be saved. The Niky I know would not live like that.

:sorry:

I've tried several times, but have found it very hard to post here.

Right now, I have nothing but heart ache and sympathy for Nik's wife and kids, and tears for my good buddy.