• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terrible news concerning nik.

623 posts in this topic

I'm sitting here at my desk at work trying to hold back tears after reading these posts and seeing these pics and I didn't even know Nik. We had a few interactions on the boards and few pm exchanges but I never had the chance to meet him or get to know him like many of you. But I have been reading his posts for years and, as someone said, "felt" like I knew him. It was his first grading contest that got me to really start participating here. He was one of the bright spots of this community and one of the people that made this forum such a special place. He will be greatly missed. :(

I have no idea the age of Niks kids, but I'm nontheless concerned about their future. I know we have a few Lawyers here on the Board, so I was wondering about starting up a Trust Fund or College Funds perhaps, with the idea of sending a decent book to the controller of said Trust/ Fund, the book could be raw or slabbed, sold via Ebay, Heritage etc..., with the profit going directly into the Trust/Fund for the kids. If someonre in the legal know wants to get this rolling....I'll send the first book out.....with a heavy heart for the Master Collector and Extrodinary Gentelmen-Peace CC.

Just let me know if this could be a do-able avenue for Niks kids and you will have the 1st book.

All we can ask for in life that when we pass on is that others think we are a "good man"

I think Nik has accomplished that.If he does indeed pass on he will have touched alot of people in a positive way.We should all strive to be like Nik, not just on the boards but in everyday life.

I have no idea the age of Niks kids, but I'm nontheless concerned about their future. I know we have a few Lawyers here on the Board, so I was wondering about starting up a Trust Fund or College Funds perhaps, with the idea of sending a decent book to the controller of said Trust/ Fund, the book could be raw or slabbed, sold via Ebay, Heritage etc..., with the profit going directly into the Trust/Fund for the kids. If someonre in the legal know wants to get this rolling....I'll send the first book out.....with a heavy heart for the Master Collector and Extrodinary Gentelmen-Peace CC.

Just let me know if this could be a do-able avenue for Niks kids and you will have the 1st book.

I'd agree 100% the one thing that stood out to me was one of Nik' avatars was his kids. :applause:

I am so sad to hear this news and my prayers go out to Nik and his family. :angel:

:sorry:

WEBHEAD

I see I'm not the only one who had trouble sleeping last night.

If I hadn't forced myself to get some sleep, I would've been up all night.

I was tossing and turning at 3 am thinking about Nik.. his kids and wife.

My stomach is still churning. We all know life isn't fair, but this really drives it home. :(

Nik would come into my store all the time with his son Jonny and his daughter Celia..Being a father of three myself I would watch Nik with his kids and he was just so pleasent with them..Always hugging them and holding them..Celia would come in with Nik when she was younger and hold to Niks leg and Nik would say Celia it's okay this is Jackie!!! I walk into my store today and have been crying all morning along with my wife. I realize how little this all mean when something like this happens..Nik will never be gone, to me he will always be a part of my life and in my thoughts forever..I bought a 68 chevelle a few months back and Nik and I were at the shop checking it out..He love it and he's telling me Jack when I get back from Greece we're gonna do this to it and that. The excitement on his face and mine made us both feel like little kids..And that how I will always remember my friend Nik a big kid with the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met in this industry.

Just wanted to bump this again, as it would be something for the kids future, whereas the current contributuon is for the immediate needs( which I will get around to sending some books into help out)-Peace CC.

Just wanted to bump this again, as it would be something for the kids future, whereas the current contributuon is for the immediate needs( which I will get around to sending some books into help out)-Peace CC.

Something along these lines is in the works with bullet123.

Happy to assist with this, need to make sure of any estate issues etc. some coordination with his wife is probably a good idea -- if you need any help, you know how to reach me Jim.

In behalf of Nik, his family and friends we thank you Brian.

Happy to assist with this, need to make sure of any estate issues etc. some coordination with his wife is probably a good idea -- if you need any help, you know how to reach me Jim.

In behalf of Nik, his family and friends we thank you Brian.

I'd like to talk to Jim (Watson) and see what's going on -- next, I want to talk to everyone in Chicago about coordination and what we can do. going to extend my time there so I can see some people and talk -- as well attend the forum dinner -- and hopefully we'll have some plan in place by then.

Something's been eating away at me for the last 2 days and I need to get this off of my chest.

A couple of days ago, I made a post in this thread that listed the lyrics of a song. It was posted as a toast to the kind of man Nik is more than anything else. In no way was it meant to trivialize or diminish the situation that Nik and his family are in right now. And I only posted it after another board member had indicated that Nik's chances of survival didn't look good.

Shortly after making the post, I was PM'd by another board member and was told that my post was "inappropriate". So I apologized if it upset anyone and promptly removed the post. :foryou: I never received a reply so I don't know if the apology was accepted or not. (shrug)

I know what it's like to lose a family member. My dad died of a heart attack when I was 12 years old (he was 48) and my middle sister died of cervical cancer at the age of 34. So I can empathize with the situation that Nik and his family are in right now.

I'm doing what little I can to help out. I've sent in a couple of small donations and will continue to do so when I can. Nik is a great guy and I would like nothing better than to see him pull through this and get back to his old self. :wishluck: