• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The nik contribution thread.

172 posts in this topic

The amount is not important. Whether it is fifty cents or fifty dollars, it is all appreciated and it is all important.

Absolutely right. I gave this morning. Give what you can and it will add up quickly.

This is such bad news and wasn't Nik planning to head

to Greece in a few weeks. :(

Fantastic idea Doc and the others who organized this

to hopefully cheer Nik up a little bit and send his family

some funds.

I hope sending my contribution on July 30th will be okay

and I'm not in the greatest condition financially right now.

I love when these boards pull together and can accomplish

the nicest gestures to help one of our own. (thumbs u

Nik, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers to get well

very soon. :wishluck:

:foryou:

Contribution going over tonight, card to the hospital over the weekend and I'll donate some books if there's a dedicated sales thread.

Let's get those contributions in - clean out your PayPal accounts, refill them and clean them out again. No amount is too small. It all adds up and will help.

Has nik's PP address been posted or is that considered not appropriate? Or if someone wants to send fee-less "personal" contribution to nik through PP can we PM Dr. Watson for the PP address? Let us know...THX!

Let's get those contributions in - clean out your PayPal accounts, refill them and clean them out again. No amount is too small. It all adds up and will help.

Has nik's PP address been posted or is that considered not appropriate? Or if someone wants to send fee-less "personal" contribution to nik through PP can we PM Dr. Watson for the PP address? Let us know...THX!

The contributions are being sent to GACollectibles paypal account. Please PM me or skypinkblu for the address and please mark the funds as PERSONAL.

Thank you.

GACollectibles and Skypinkblu are coordinating the efforts and are collecting the $$. I will PM you GA's PP account.

Thanks--Greg

If people want to PM me scans of the books/both sides, and grading info, at least I can help get everything together. The donations would have to include shipping for this to work smoothly.

I figure that early next week, after we have a little more information, and some people are back from San Diego, I'll set up an auction in the market place, maybe Tuesday?

Suggestions always welcome

We have had numerous offers of people wanting to donate books book to auction off with the proceeds going to Nik and his family.

I wanted to reiterate skypinkblu's earlier comments. If you want to donate anonymously, as some have expressed an intrest in doing, please PM skypinkblu with scans of the books/both sides, and grading info if raw or a scan of the CGC slab.

As Sharon said, this will take place next week after San Diego to allow as many people as possible to participate.

Payment for the items will more than likely be paypaled to the same account that is being used to collect the donations as that makes everything flow more smoothly.

Contribution going over tonight, card to the hospital over the weekend and I'll donate some books if there's a dedicated sales thread.

A sales thread is in the works. In the meantime keep those contributions coming. We might forget that Nik was self employed and from today forward he will need as much financial assistance as possible.

I'd like to have the scans go to me, so I can put something together for whomever winds up doing the auction. Since an auction type thread will probably work best, not a sales thread (if you are donating, you can specifiy a starting bid) , it would be best not to have people post in the thread, just let the "MC" run it.

If you want to remain anonymous, that's fine. Doc's had several offers so far and so have I.

The community spirit here, is wonderful...thank you all in advance.

I PM'd Doc about this idea prior to posting it in the contribution thread.

I would like all proceeds from any/all comic sales from my online store to go directly to Nik and his family (excluding shipping and insurance costs on higher valued books). My initial thought was to run this sales drive for a week (Thursday July 30th), however I may decide to extend it to raise as much money as possible.

I thought about helping in this way as opposed to an auction or donating to Sharon (which I think is an incredible idea and an awesomely kind gesture for all those getting involved) because more money goes towards Nik and his family.

I'm doing this because I think it matters when people who are in need get the help when it really matters, and because I learned this most valuable life lesson from some incredibly kind people who really stepped up and did the same for me when I needed help the most.

Please direct any questions pertaining to the comics through the livehelp feature of site (top right corner) as I may not be able to check my PM's here as regularly.

I just heard about Nik a few minutes ago from Rich, Nik has been coming into Bedrock Comics for over 12 years on a weekly basis. Not to just buy comics, But to come in for a cold beer and hang out with Jimmy and myself, And before that Bop City comics for at least 10 years. So we go back quite few years..I have beeen in this business 28 years now and my knowlege of comics compared to Nik's is not even close..He is a smart man a great father and husband and one hell of a friend of mine. As tears come to my eyes writing this.

GACollectibles and Skypinkblu are coordinating the efforts and are collecting the $$. I will PM you GA's PP account.

Thanks--Greg

THX!