• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's that one book that you cannot let go?

131 posts in this topic

I hope not, but to me that would be the only reason I can think of why that baby isn't slabbed right now.

not necessarily ........ for example, the ACTION #1 Church copy is not slabbed

I hope not, but to me that would be the only reason I can think of why that baby isn't slabbed right now.

Really?

Really?

Really

Really?

There's no great reason to slab a book if you have no intent to sell it.

I'd never sell ASM #232 as this is the issue when I felt I had started to become a collector. I can't help but look at it fondly. Also, the ASM #28 in my signature, I bought it for $20 as a young teen.

Mine would be one of three, either my Batman #608 RRP 9.4, Tec #400 8.0, but mainly my Batman #171 7.5. A fantastic buy from F_T and my first SA submission along with the Tec #400. Both books came back much higher than expected, and the buzz those books gave me was unreal.

I would have a hard time letting go of some of my Crumb first prints and some of of my favorite L.B. Cole books - though nothing is off limits if I felt I needed the money.

My FF#57 in lowly VG. My uncle (who basically got me into comics) bought it for me on my first trip to a real comic shop.

Also, my FF "pocketbook" that reprints #1-6 (also a gift from my uncle when I was 4-5 years old). My earliest comic book memories are of that little, (now) beat-to-all-hell book.

I never let go of gifts (comic books) I can sell most knick knacks and junk people gift me with little remorse. But gift comics I can't part with. It is weird though sometimes people have given me a specific issue and I have no idea why. Like an off the cuff issue not related to anything I collect just a random or seemingly random issue. I wonder why they gave it to me,if it was special to them some how or made them think I needed it.

I know when someone gives me a horror comic, and EC, Mad, Sandman, or Bettie Page item they were thinking of me and what I liked. I got a ton of comic books as wedding gifts. One person sent my husband and I a lovely huge box full of awesome books. I just can't part with any of those.

OOOOHH that is purty..if you sent me one of those I'd keep it too...I forgot to mention I collect anything precode too..that is a book I have never owned before. A friend of mine let me touch his once...it was sweeeeeetttt

Hmmm? It's hard to say that I wouldn't part with any of my books if the money wasn't right. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my comics, but there is always a book out there that I would like better. Though, I'd have a REAL hard time parting with either of these two. If I didn't really need the money or have an opportunity to upgrade, no way no how.

P1120739.jpg

P1120735.jpg