• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's that one book that you cannot let go?

131 posts in this topic

While I am pulling my some books to sell, I have noticed that I always seem to pull this one set but after taking the pics, I cannot get myself to post it for sale. I love the first two covers so much that I just end up putting it back on the shelf.

It's not a grand set of books either and perhaps I just like Batman bondage cover. I think I have a hidden fetish. :cry:

cult2.jpg

Anyway, in light of everything that is happening here, I thought a fun thread about that one book you cannot part with would take everyone's mind off of things. So what's yours?

One book? I have hundreds... my Uncanny X-Men are MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!!! From #171 to #470-something, I bought every one new and off the rack. Same with "regular" X-Men from #1 to right at #180.

thwashero.gif

-slym

Mine is UXM #172 which was the very first comic I ever bought...so too much sentimental value there!

One book? I have hundreds... my Uncanny X-Men are MINEMINEMINEMINEMINE!!! From #171 to #470-something, I bought every one new and off the rack. Same with "regular" X-Men from #1 to right at #180.

thwashero.gif

-slym

Holy Shmoley!! You started your collection at #171 I started at #172!! Only I had to sell mine a while back due to money problems..wish I could get it back. :(

thwashero.gif

-slym

Holy Shmoley!! You started your collection at #171 I started at #172!! Only I had to sell mine a while back due to money problems..wish I could get it back. :(

172 shouldn't be difficult to get back! If you had said #173, I'd send you one - that's a "hoard" book for me.

(thumbs u

-slym

thwashero.gif

-slym

I have parts of my collection that will only see light to be read too. But I am talking about the book that you reluctantly pull from the box and when the time comes to actually go and list it, you go what am I thinking.

Last christmas, I gave away some books and on my list I had people select from was a storyline that was already collected so I added the single copies to be given away. It was only a three part storyline and I remember hesitating putting them in the box. It has been 7 months now and I still think about those books.

All of my books. I'm a hoarder not a seller.

Slym thwashero.gif, this is just wrong lol

I have parts of my collection that will only see light to be read too. But I am talking about the book that you reluctantly pull from the box and when the time comes to actually go and list it, you go what am I thinking.

That's how I feel about all of them. I am going on a year without a job, yet only lately have I even thought about selling my X-Men (my SA stuff got no response.)

Aside from the ones given to me as gifts, I can't reconcile in my head to sell them. They are MY "pedigree," the older ones (in that number range)I bought while walking home from school instead of taking the bus, just so I could stop by the drugstore to get my comics.

I know none are irreplaceable, but they are more than mine, they are mine.

paddedcell.gif

-slym

thwashero.gif

-slym

172 shouldn't be difficult to get back! If you had said #173, I'd send you one - that's a "hoard" book for me.

I still got the 172...its the rest of them that I sold :P

That's how I feel about all of them. I am going on a year without a job, yet only lately have I even thought about selling my X-Men (my SA stuff got no response.)

Aside from the ones given to me as gifts, I can't reconcile in my head to sell them. They are MY "pedigree," the older ones (in that number range)I bought while walking home from school instead of taking the bus, just so I could stop by the drugstore to get my comics.

I know none are irreplaceable, but they are more than mine, they are mine.

paddedcell.gif

-slym

Actually, they are all irreplaceable in a sense. Things have memories attached to them. You can try to replace the item but it is never the same as the original. So comics from your childhood will have special memories especially looking at the flaws in the book and remembering how they got there.